Got my new blind today.

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

wabi

Got my new blind today.

Post by wabi »

I ordered a Trekker brand "T-200" blind from Cabela's to replace my Ameristep Dog House.
Got the blind today and set it up in my back yard to check it out. The camo pattern is nice, and the blind was very easy to set-up / take-down (similar to the Ameristep Dog House, so I know the trick of folding it). It's slightly larger than the Dog House and should be a little more comfortable for two people to set in.
The zipper "de-railed" on my first attempt to close the main door, but some bowstring wax for lube & careful work with the other zipper "tab" got it back on track & working. The roof support poles are a bit light, but they seem to support the roof OK.
I plan to use this blind at a new location and will not be leaving it out all season as I do with the Dog House. It's next to another farm and has some people that hunt there that I wouldn't want to tempt to steal it. Found them in the landowner's blind on the farm I hunt a few seasons ago, hunting without permission and making themselves right at home. I explained to them that I was a nice guy and would allow them to leave, but the landowner was a real a**hole and would just get on the cellphone & call the sheriff if he found them there. :wink: :lol: :lol: It got rid of them, but they still set up close to the property line and screwed up my hunting for that area that day. Thank goodness they only hunt there during gun season!
wabi
bait pile willie

Post by bait pile willie »

wabi. I got one in apr for turkey but it took me 2 days to fold it up,found the instructions not clear enough, had to get my niece to show me how to do it,now its easy. a great blind.
BUSHDOG

Post by BUSHDOG »

lol i had the same problem folding mine up until the girlfriend showed me .she has a folding laundry basket that works on the same principle
excocet200
groundpounder mount
lumizone
muzzy mx4 100grains
Andre Leblanc

Post by Andre Leblanc »

Well, I picked up my baby yesterday, yup the Penthouse. I put it up in my dealers yard and I liked what I saw. Just the right size. I plan to seamseal the stitches on the roof where the poles are, to maximize waterproofness. Lots of room: planning to get a cot, kitchenette and a hot tub for the other corner. Of course I'll keep room for a bow rack, yes, one of those special bow racks. :lol:
Andre Leblanc
Canoe Builder/Owner
North Bay Canoe and Kayak
www.nbcanoe.com
Equinox w/Lumi-zone Scope