Shooting from a treestand???

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

OwnerITO

Shooting from a treestand???

Post by OwnerITO »

Hello Excalibur Crossbow lovers!! To start off, I have got my food plot in (it is growing awesome), got my treestand up and I am ready to get out for deer this season.....OH NO!!! I am not ready because I do not know how I need to be aiming at a deer when I am elevated in a treestand. I am approx. 12-15 feet off the ground and I do not know, if a deer comes out to my stand within 20 meters if, I should aim high or low or just take a straight on shot. Can anyone help me out with this please?
Esox

Post by Esox »

Check out Matthias website in this forum.. He worked out all the numbers for EVERYTHING on shooting x-bow... Very informative!!
Andre Leblanc

Post by Andre Leblanc »

also go to excalibur website videos amd checkout the 'shot placement' video, very informative OH YES
Andre Leblanc
Canoe Builder/Owner
North Bay Canoe and Kayak
www.nbcanoe.com
Equinox w/Lumi-zone Scope
Woody Williams

Post by Woody Williams »

Aim where you want to hit.
Woody Williams

We have met the enemy and he is us - Pogo Possum

Hunting in Indiana at [size=84][color=Red][b][url=http://huntingindiana.proboards52.com]HUNT-INDIANA[/url][/b][/color][/size]
Moxie

Post by Moxie »

Better still, practice out of your stand, then you;'ll know exactly!
Terry

Quad 300 x2
Galgo

Post by Galgo »

M&M

Post by M&M »

I agree with woody. I have sighted my exocet in at ground level. Then shot it from an elevated position [the roof of my house] at the same identical ranges with no change in point of impact, so for "me" I have no change from the ground to the tree stand at elevations of 12-15 feet now if your stand is 20 feet up or so you'll have to test shoot it for yourself and see. M&M