O/T ATV

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

BUSHDOG

O/T ATV

Post by BUSHDOG »

im looking at trading in my 93 kodiak 400 this year and there are three that have the stuff i want 700 grizzly ,450 kodiak and the suzuki king quad 450 .what are you guys and girls running out there and what do you recommend thanks
excocet200
groundpounder mount
lumizone
muzzy mx4 100grains
JRS

Post by JRS »

I bought a new 02 Yamaha Big Bear 400 and ended up trading it last fall for a new Suzuki 700 King Quad. Like a lot of people, it took me a while to realize what features I really wanted. I decided that I wanted a machine that had independent suspension, front diff lock, and an auto transmission. I had my eye on the Kodiak 450, but having a Suzuki employee discount I ended up with the 700 for less than I would have spent on the Yamaha, and I really do enjoy the extra power. :wink:
huntman

Post by huntman »

I have a 06 Bombardier 400. I wouldnt change it for any other bike on the market, except maybe the bombardier 800!! lol

But seriously it is the smoothiest and by far the most powerfull in its class (400).
kitty kat

Post by kitty kat »

I have an 2004 Arctic Cat 400 automatic. The best machine is the one you have a good reliable dealer. Without a good dealer you have nothing. Give an Arctic Cat a try, I think the ride is one of the best. I use mine mainly off road, in the bush. I put Kenda Executioner tires on for the mud and snow. You can push a pile of snow or tow a large trailer of wood from the bush. Drive with care.
Excalibur Exomax and Arctic Cat 400 auto. Life don't get much better than that.
DropTine

Post by DropTine »

2005 Yamaha Kodiak 450, awesome atv! Pulled a big bull moose out of the bush last season.
BowTech Gaurdian
Apex Sight
Trophy Taker Drop Away Rest
Beman ICS Camo Hunter Arrows
Rage 100gr Slipcam Broadheads
Scott Archery Release

I am 19 years old and hunt and fish as much as I can
Moxie

Post by Moxie »

Bushdog,,,, I've got a 2001 Yamaha Kodiak 400 Auto 4x4 and a Yamaha 660 Grizzly. I like them both very much and would upgrade both of them to newer machines of the same type. The kodiak does not have 4 wheel independent suspension and that I will get on the next one. Service, oil and filter changes are the key to a good life for any machine. Try everyone you can before making your decision.
Terry

Quad 300 x2
Farmer

Post by Farmer »

A friend of mine just perchased the 450 KQ . Great bike, not to big and plenty of power . Smooth ride light handling .
buckeye

Post by buckeye »

Just traded in a 2000 Big Bear 400 for a 2008 Grizzly 660. I pick it up this Thursday. Never had a problem with the Yamaha so I decided to stay with them.
BUCKEYE

A man who makes no mistakes usually doesn't make anything at all.
STEELWORKER

Post by STEELWORKER »

I have an 07 grizzly 700,awesome machine!
crazyfarmer

Post by crazyfarmer »

huntman wrote:I have a 06 Bombardier 400. I wouldnt change it for any other bike on the market, except maybe the bombardier 800!! lol

But seriously it is the smoothiest and by far the most powerfull in its class (400).
same here.. no one will believe us but they ride better and are all around the best machine out there. I got the XT package with winch and etc... I love tis bike and for a 400cc it runs with most 500's 8)

I wish I had gotten the 650 model now

for those that dont know, the can am's have the same features on there 400 models like most 800's. Independent suspension and all. I think it was best ATV of 06 also :lol:

I looked at the big bears, Kodiaks, king quads.. and etc.. ended up picking the Can Am 400

BUSHDOG

Post by BUSHDOG »

thanks great feedback im down to 2 the grizzly 700 and the suzuki king quad 700 leaning towards the yammy as i had the 400 kodiak for 14years and the only thing that went on it was the rubber boot on the rear swing arm . i was skepticle about the power assist steering on the grizz but it was quite impressive. ps plus the camo in realtree hardwoods looks great 8) thanks again
excocet200
groundpounder mount
lumizone
muzzy mx4 100grains
DropTine

Post by DropTine »

Yamaha all the way!
BowTech Gaurdian
Apex Sight
Trophy Taker Drop Away Rest
Beman ICS Camo Hunter Arrows
Rage 100gr Slipcam Broadheads
Scott Archery Release

I am 19 years old and hunt and fish as much as I can
DrDan

Post by DrDan »

Don't forget the ARGO! I have the 6 WD fully amphibious BigFoot. Lots of room to haul equipment and game in back end and...
I get a kick out of leaving the 4 wheelers behind when we come to a deep creek, river, etc. I just drive through swamps, creeks, etc. while the 4 wheelers are building bridges.
Phoenix - Equinox
Don't trust anyone wearing a necktie...
DrDan
STEELWORKER

Post by STEELWORKER »

BUSHDOG wrote:thanks great feedback im down to 2 the grizzly 700 and the suzuki king quad 700 leaning towards the yammy as i had the 400 kodiak for 14years and the only thing that went on it was the rubber boot on the rear swing arm . i was skepticle about the power assist steering on the grizz but it was quite impressive. ps plus the camo in realtree hardwoods looks great 8) thanks again
besides helping out normally tough steering when locked in 4 wheel diff. lock,the power steering really is noticed when hitting unseen rocks or tree roots.it soaks up most of the feedback that would jar the handlebars on a machine without it.if you have any more questions about the 700 send me a p.m.
Dunn14

Post by Dunn14 »

our family is all arctic cat :) and they work great my uncles have a 700 and v-twin 650 (i cant remember the years on them)and I have a 2005 400 and my dads is a 2007 650 H1. all are nice bikes they used to have polaris but had some problems.