made me some purty hunting bolts

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

bait pile willie

Post by bait pile willie »

ps. always more fun to make your own and more satisfying,next wk i am goig to paint up my carbon 3-d bolts,as described by WOODY W. in a previus post,cant wait.
Sierra

Post by Sierra »

Those tiger stripe bolts are jest to pretty to shoot.

Good Job
2006 Exocet 200
3x ProView Scope
85 grain NAP Thunderhead
Wolverine Hunter 20" CrossBolts
Original Stock String
Bolt Speed 320 fps
crazyfarmer

Post by crazyfarmer »

ray, the 36pack at bowhunterssuperstore was 8.99 also I think. The 100 pack of them was 12-13.99 I believe(cheaper to buy that but who needs 100 lol)

everything I use comes from the store above.. wraps and all. The wraps are the Truecrest banded 100 series Aluminum wraps. No, not the carbon oens since those wraps are to small for the crossbow bolts. The Aluminum ones fit perfect!

Bstout, thanks for the info.. I did notice the more glue the better they stuck. I was using the goattough glue but had to switch the the AAE fast set gel since the goattuff took to long to dry and I didnt want the vanes to move.
KYXbow

Post by KYXbow »

crazyfarmer wrote:i havent shot these yet since im gonna let them dry good overnight.. I hope they fly straight though :lol:

I tried to play with little offsets but I end up fletching most of them straight with a tad little offset
What type of fletcher do you use? I am considering an Arizona EZ but I am unsure whether to get a 1 degree or 4 degree to use on 2in Blazers?
Sierra

Post by Sierra »

I just started making my own bolts in the spring, I use a Arizona EZ 4 degree offset with the 2" Blazers. They are very accurate.
2006 Exocet 200
3x ProView Scope
85 grain NAP Thunderhead
Wolverine Hunter 20" CrossBolts
Original Stock String
Bolt Speed 320 fps
crazyfarmer

Post by crazyfarmer »

Blitznberger or however you spell it :lol: must be made in russia :D

mostly every store carries it if they have the AZ fletch.. both are good. Grewolf on here sent me mine and he also sent me a cutoff peice of arrow with a knock insert to use to place the bolts in the jig since most jigs dont take flatt butts :roll:

im posting a seperate topic now with the different offset testings through my jig