CATAHOULA BULLDOG

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

John Wade

CATAHOULA BULLDOG

Post by John Wade »

Any of you down south guys use this breed to hunt hogs?
John Wade the Dog Trainer
www.johnwade.ca
sumner4991

Post by sumner4991 »

I think that's a question for Mike Vick . . . :lol: :lol: :lol: :cry:
I'd rather wear out than rust out.
Perception trumps intention.

2006 Exomax w/Agingcrossbower Custom Stock
20" Easton Powerbolts w/125gr Trophy Ridge Stricknines & 2"Blazers
Boo Custom Strings
2006 Vixen
John Wade

Post by John Wade »

sumner4991 wrote:I think that's a question for Mike Vick . . . :lol: :lol: :lol: :cry:
:D
www.johnwade.ca
BigTiny

Post by BigTiny »

The Catahoula Cur Leopard Dog is our state dog here in Louisiana. For hunting purposes they are used mostly for hogs. Some people use them to drive deer during dog season, but that is another rant entirely.
hawg hunter

catahoolla dawg

Post by hawg hunter »

Hello there John Wade. I've talked on here about hog hunting more than once, mostly about how to shoot them with an exbow. When I was a bit younger I had a pack of 14 dogs most were catahoula or yellow black mouth ker. Best dogs in the world for hunting hogs. These dogs were bred to hunt and work cattle. Both breeds are silent trailers not noisy like a hound types, when they sing out they are looking at their quarry. We several just for catching, and others for hunting. These are very good cattle dogs when working wild cattle, if they won't come out the brush these dogs will bring out quickly. These dogs are not bulldogs that Mr Vick was using. These are loyal, loving, and hard working hunting dogs. I have little good to say of anyone who fights dogs. Most dogs take on the persona of its owner.
John Wade

Post by John Wade »

I've worked the catahoulas a few time. They're pretty rare up here though. I just came across this site talking about a cross between the catahoulas and american bull dogs that has been going on for about a hundred years. Wondered if anyone had ever tried them on hogs as the site said they'd been used for that as well. Interesting mix of drives I should think.

jw
www.johnwade.ca
hawg hunter

Catahula

Post by hawg hunter »

John check YOU tube : Wild hog hunting Texas style and Hog wrestling