Ontario Moose Draw Results

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Rick Teal

Ontario Moose Draw Results

Post by Rick Teal »

Why don't we all post up our draw results in this thread.

My group has a bull tag, and (I expect) a cow tag as well for the archery hunt in WMU 24.

We're leaving in Sept. 13 to get set-up for the opener on the 15th. Only 45 days to go.
I hunt, therefore I am.
schnarrfuss

Post by schnarrfuss »

Just checked my results and got a cow tag for 15B. Leave Sept.20th and can't wait. Hope the other part of the group got the bull tag.
"Hunting is not a matter of life or death. It's much more important than that."

Exomag-Lumizone-Thunderbolts-Slicks-
Blasers-GroundpounderMount-CustomBooString

Bowtech Destroyer Compound Bow Fully Loaded
Bowster

Post by Bowster »

Our group was lucky enough to pick up a bull tag.

Planning on a Phoenix purchase this weekend.

Now its time to begin to pack and wait for Sept 20
If the thrill of the hunt is lost, then I have lost.

Phoenix - Varizone Scope - Custom GT Laser II - 100 grain Slicks / brass inserts - Boo string

PSE Axe 6 - Axcel Sight - QAD Rest - TruBall S1 Release
KNIGHTS OF NI

Post by KNIGHTS OF NI »

Our group got zip :(
Did I say :(
Six pool 1 hunters.
It said we are in group 'zero'
What does that mean?
Regards
Knights of Ni
TPM

Post by TPM »

Six pool 1 hunters.
What does that mean?
Maybe you didn't have enough for the minimum group size???? :(

I stopped moose hunting at our hunt camp a few years ago. Too tough to get a tag. Lots of moose up there but no one has told the MNR that yet. :?
I'm just hoping to get an antlerless deer tag this year. I'm starting to loose faith in the system. Our unit (49) usually has about a 66% success rate for the draw. In an ideal world that would mean you would get a tag two out of every three years. I know we don't live in an ideal world world but I've been skunked for eight years straight. I phoned the MNR last year after the results came out but that was a complete waste of time. The lady at the other end explained to me that she buys lottery tickets and she can't expect to win every time so I can't expect to get a tag every year. I tried to explain that I didn't expect one every year but based on their own allocation numbers I've been getting screwed. She just didn't get it. :roll:
The most important blood trail leads to the Cross...

Phoenix
HHA Optimizer
Hawke scope
Boo strings
Boo tuned trigger
schnarrfuss

Post by schnarrfuss »

TPM wrote:
Six pool 1 hunters.
What does that mean?
Maybe you didn't have enough for the minimum group size???? :(

I stopped moose hunting at our hunt camp a few years ago. Too tough to get a tag. Lots of moose up there but no one has told the MNR that yet. :?
I'm just hoping to get an antlerless deer tag this year. I'm starting to loose faith in the system. Our unit (49) usually has about a 66% success rate for the draw. In an ideal world that would mean you would get a tag two out of every three years. I know we don't live in an ideal world world but I've been skunked for eight years straight. I phoned the MNR last year after the results came out but that was a complete waste of time. The lady at the other end explained to me that she buys lottery tickets and she can't expect to win every time so I can't expect to get a tag every year. I tried to explain that I didn't expect one every year but based on their own allocation numbers I've been getting screwed. She just didn't get it. :roll:
This is the reason we now go to Thunder Bay for our archery moose hunt. Been going for about six years and never had a problem getting a Bull tag. Lot's of moose and no other hunters. It's great.

JRS

Post by JRS »

KNIGHTS OF NI wrote:Our group got zip :(
Did I say :(
Six pool 1 hunters.
What does that mean?
Regards
Knights of Ni
I was also told that I was in group zero, even though we met the quaranteed group size for our WMU. I called the Aylmer MNR office and was told there was a problem with the draw results for some areas, and to try again later today or tomorrow when the system would hopefully be working properly. I just tried again, and this time it correctly said our group was successful.
KNIGHTS OF NI

Post by KNIGHTS OF NI »

I just called again and this time it said we are pool 1 not zero.
Still no tag though.
Regards
Knights of Ni
RAGS

Post by RAGS »

Just called in.....got a bull tag in 15B. Will be leaving Sept 12 for 2 weeks....can't wait!
schnarrfuss

Post by schnarrfuss »

Rags, what area do you hunt? We hunt the same WMU. Do you have much luck?

Normous

Post by Normous »

Awesome,
I bull tag 18B, Muzzleloader only.
Sept 22-30.

Norm
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
bait pile willie

Post by bait pile willie »

nnothing for me in 49,however there are 9 other guys applied,we didnt draw one last yr when we saw 9 different adults the first morning but no calves.
korey99

Post by korey99 »

We got a Cow tag, WMU 29 for Archery only. Due to unforseen circumstances, I can't make it this year (used up all of my vacation time on family visits!! :cry: ), but the boys are going to try and bring me home a few steaks!

korey99
RAGS

Post by RAGS »

schnarrfuss, we hunt mostly east of the Graham area - when I called in and got the "you were successful" notification I thought I got a bull tag but I got a cow tag in the mail today (second choice) so just a small change in strategy
LoneWolf

Post by LoneWolf »

We have 3 guys in our group of 4 guys in Pool 1 that hunt WMU 65 for the special archery season who didn't get any tags this year, so we still have one more chance for a tag. I'm not gonna find that out for another week as he's gone away on holidays.

However, I'm going up to Geraldton on an archery moose hunt with another group at; www.wildgooselake.com and we have 1 bull and 2 cows for up there. I'm leaving to go up on Sept 17th to get a couple of days of scouting in and we will be hunting from Sept 22- 28th... Then we leave the resort on the 29th.

I have my Argo, my bow, my moose cone, and my Montana cow moose decoy ready to go! 8)

Best of luck to all of you who are going out after them swamp donkeys! :wink:
Ontario Trophy Bucks