Hi

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Brainiac

Hi

Post by Brainiac »

Hi, I’m new here.I’m 26 years old male and living in NC,US I’m mostly a meat hunter. About ten years ago. I had whats called the Harrington rods, put into my back for Idiopathic Scoliosis. About four years ago, I got a long bow. I shot, it for about a two and half years.Then my back really started to hurt a lot and I haven’t pick it back up, since then. But, now I going to try my hand at a crossbow by Excalibur. I’m looking at the Phoenix. To hunt deer and some big game. I plan on getting the crankaroo to help me crank it.I have some questions and I may ask some more later on.

1.How good do, they keep there value ?
2. How could I make it lighter.
groundpounder

Post by groundpounder »

First off welcome aboard!
To answer your first question on holding their value, Doesn't matter you wont ever want to sell it after you shoot it!!! Not really kidding about that but if you are interested I'm sure others on here might have a better answer for you.
Your second question on keeping it light. I would say keep all of your accessories off of the xbow. Try a hip quiver versus the mounted one. If your willing to shoot peep sights versus scope. Other than that I believe they are streamlined down about as light as they can be. Don't believe I would drill any holes to cut weight!
Why ride when you can walk!
diesel

Post by diesel »

Welcome to the forum. Excaliburs hold their value very well.
Farmer

Post by Farmer »

Welcome to the forum . Excaliburs do hold their value quite well . It is a bullet proof poduct and there is always somebody looking for one .
Normous

Post by Normous »

Wecome to the forum. Lots of great members here.
If you don't mind shooting with the factory peep sight, you will find the Excalibur quite light. Adding a scope, rings and base does add some weight to it's mass.

Norm
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
awshucks

Post by awshucks »

I've got a Phoenix and an Emax. Prefer the Phoenix. Even w/ scope, mount, and rings, it's lighter than most compounds I know of. Can't go wrong w/ it!!
"Eze 18:21"
saxman

Post by saxman »

Hi and WELCOME.
You have found the best place on the net for fellowship and help.
I had the Halo for scoliosis when I was in jr high.
Put your trust in God,he will heal you.
I will let others with much more knowldge than I answer your questions.
Welcome friend
Scott
http://www.myspace.com/saxman1

Take a kid hunting
They don't remember their best day of watching TV

Excalibur Equinox
TruGlo Red/Green Dot
NGSS Absorber by NewGuy
Custom strings by BOO
Groundpounder Top Mount
ACF Member - 2011
kitty kat

Post by kitty kat »

Good to have you on the forum. You have the world of information at your keyboard. They guys will answer all questions , very helpful. I purchased a crankaroo last fall after my surgery, and through the winter I strenghtened my shoulder and back so I really don't have to use it. I will still take it with me this hunting season just in case. I get the bow outside every two or three days just to get accustomed to the weight. I have the scope on mine and I don't want to part with it.Good luck on your hunting.Keep up the practice and prayer.
Excalibur Exomax and Arctic Cat 400 auto. Life don't get much better than that.
Mike P

Post by Mike P »

Hello Brainiac and welcome to the wonderful world of surgical metal implants aka the excalibur crossbow forum.

"Name That Implant" could be a sticky at this forum! You will find many who have to overcome impediments placed in front of them as they pursue their passion. But let me warn you about this place. If your not careful, the members of this forum will hook ya! First you lurk a little and ask a few questions about crossbows and bolts and the next thing ya know you own several of the darn things and know more about the forum members then you do about your friends and co-workers.

It's a conspiracy I tell ya!
navaman

Post by navaman »

yes sir ! all of the above is very true. welcome to the forum. i'm sure it will help you as it has me. some of the greatest guys in the world of crossbow hunting are found here and they're generous with their experiences and advice. :D
"Be on the alert,stand firm in the faith,act like men, be strong."
DrDan

Post by DrDan »

Yup I got the Harrington Rods in my back too. In my style of hunting I don't need that quiver hanging off my Phoenix or my Equinox. In fact I hate all that chit hanging off a bow. I do have both bows scoped and to me that's worth the tradeoff in weight since I am always hunting in poor light it seems.

Being a wheelchair person I always have a pack on back of chair where I can keep an extra bolt, but I have never used it. If you put the first shot where it belongs hunting whitetails is a one shot affair as I see it. LOL Like whaddayah gonna do quick draw a second bolt? ROFLMAO

I also use crankaroo and like the precision which it cocks the bow.

Resale value is great! Very easy to sell but you won't or like me you will and then you will buy them back again.
Phoenix - Equinox
Don't trust anyone wearing a necktie...
DrDan
Matthias72

Post by Matthias72 »

You wellcome!
Hunting&Crossbow- www.cacciaebalestra.altervista.org -The first Italian crossbowyers site

Exomax&Exocet200
Meopta Artemis 2000 3-12x50
Wolfszeit adjustable scope mount
Absorber V-BAR
Ultra-sensitive trigger
2219xx78-620grs-21% FOC
Nap Nitron
Grizzly Adam

Post by Grizzly Adam »

Welcome! Glad you're here. :D

You'll find the Excal a pleasant experience. They're simple, and simple is good in hunting.

If you ever need to rid yourself of it, you'll have no problem if you've taken care of it.
Grizz
Cossack

Post by Cossack »

Welcome. I shoot a Vortex and a Parker Terminator (It's a tad lighter but quite a bit narrower). Yes, Excaliburs hold their value. Not much you can do to make an Excalibur lighter. But if holding it steady is the issue, Ten Point makes a telescoping monopod that fits any croassbow with a front sling swivel fixture. It braces against the shooters waist and serves to steady the bow. I made one and it really helps to hold the bow steady.
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

Welcome to Excalibur! You made the right choice in crossbows.
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
A bowhunter with a passion for shooting firearms.
WMU 91
Boo string