themacell

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

M&M

themacell

Post by M&M »

does anyone on here use the thermacell bug repelling device? It isn't that expensive of a product and I thought I would ask you all what you thought of it. Sometimes those darn skeeters can make a hunt down right miserable. M&M
tuskntine

Post by tuskntine »

I use one and it's the best thing since "GRITS" , or Cream of Wheat if your from up North , lol . They are worth the cost .
They do not give off ANY odor. the only thing I don't like is the "click" it gives off when you light it . Therefore I light it off when I first leave my truck so it is working when I arrive at my tree.
I highly recommend one . Here in the south we have those biting no-see-um type gnats that swarm every year and they will carry you away at the ball field . When I bought mine 2 years ago , my wife started taking it to the ballpark and instantly had about 30 new friends sitting all around her .

IT WORKS !!!
Love your neighbor, but keep your guns oiled.
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

Wow, I am sold.. I have only heard good things about them and that last post sealed the deal.. I have to admit it looked like a gimmick at first, but everyone I have talked to or heard from say they work well.
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
A bowhunter with a passion for shooting firearms.
WMU 91
Boo string
Andre Leblanc

Post by Andre Leblanc »

I second tuskntine experience. Even works up here in Northern Ontario where mosquitos are so big they have tail numbers!! :shock:
Andre Leblanc
Canoe Builder/Owner
North Bay Canoe and Kayak
www.nbcanoe.com
Equinox w/Lumi-zone Scope
Woody Williams

Post by Woody Williams »

They work great. Even on black flies and no seeums.

The refillls are not cheap though.

About $5.95 (USD) for the little propane cylinder and three pads - about 12 hours worth.
Woody Williams

We have met the enemy and he is us - Pogo Possum

Hunting in Indiana at [size=84][color=Red][b][url=http://huntingindiana.proboards52.com]HUNT-INDIANA[/url][/b][/color][/size]
DropTine

Post by DropTine »

theyre the best! especially in late season turkey hunts when all the other hunters piss off!
BowTech Gaurdian
Apex Sight
Trophy Taker Drop Away Rest
Beman ICS Camo Hunter Arrows
Rage 100gr Slipcam Broadheads
Scott Archery Release

I am 19 years old and hunt and fish as much as I can
mtbyak

Post by mtbyak »

Have used mine for a couple of years now & absolutely love it :D

I also bought the lantern for the back yard & it works well for keeping the bugs away but do not think it would light the way for a mosquito :shock:

Great product & highly recommend it.

Shoot Straight
Kirk
A bad day hunting, is better then a good day of work
raydaughety

Post by raydaughety »

I absolutely love mine. I also thought that it was a gimmick but after having Tyler had a severe reaction to deet, I bought one, then another one and 6 refills.
God Bless !!!!!!!!!

Ray
Farmer

Post by Farmer »

Bought one for bear hunting with Mark H last year . It worked great . Did not need to use my bug suit .
Doe Master
Site Admin

Post by Doe Master »

I second that,I will not go out turkey hunting without it.Everyone I know that has turkey hunted with me now has one . :D
Rich

Post by Rich »

All my buddies swear by them, I picked up 4 camo versions at Wal-Mart last year on clearance for $10 each and $2 for the carrying case. I should have bought everyone on the shelf at that price. Will put them to use this bow season.

Rich
tuskntine

Post by tuskntine »

They also have scent pads for them . And yep , they work too .
Love your neighbor, but keep your guns oiled.
ga_Game_hunter

Post by ga_Game_hunter »

Here's something I've verified myself at Walmart. If you go to the curling iron section you will find a curling iron that uses the same Thermacell cartridge. Only you can get a two pack for $5.15. In the Sporting goods section you are paying $19.99 for a four pack so buying this 2 pack will save you 50%.
Hoss

Post by Hoss »

they work without a doubt....if you get a whiff of it its slightly chemically pungent..so hunt the wind..but they do work for sure..we use them on the deck while we lay around in the hot tub...its great..
Dedicated.... ta all the sweet Bucks yet ta die!
Leone Russo

Post by Leone Russo »

We went on our annual boar hunt in June. The temp. was 85 degrees and very muggy. The bugs were all over us. I fired up my ThermaCell and within 5 minutes you could not find a bug around us.
Leone Russo
Crossbow Connection Magazine
P.O. Box 790
Twinsburg, OH 44087
(440) 478-7017
www.crossbowconnectionmagazine.com