vortex or exocet

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

tws75

vortex or exocet

Post by tws75 »

iam needing to by a new crossbow due to the fact my horton broke again for the 4 time i was just wondering which one seems to be the better one the vortex or exocet
Bowster

Post by Bowster »

Welcome to the forum.

The difference is more your personal preference and comfort.

The only physical difference is the thumb hole stock.

I just picked up a Phoenix for myself.

It is plenty enough for my needs in a smaller / lighter bow.

The moose hunt countdown is on. . . 34 days to go before we leave.
If the thrill of the hunt is lost, then I have lost.

Phoenix - Varizone Scope - Custom GT Laser II - 100 grain Slicks / brass inserts - Boo string

PSE Axe 6 - Axcel Sight - QAD Rest - TruBall S1 Release
Sopchoppy

vortex or exocet

Post by Sopchoppy »

I had the same choice to make.....sent the question to Excalibur with my height and weight....They recommended the Vortex as it's stock is 1" shorter and would be easier/quicker to shoulder. The thumbhole stock does give more stability and just looks cool.
Stash

Post by Stash »

Neither is "better". Both have the same performance and quality (all Excaliburs do, for that matter), so it's just a matter of deciding which stock fits you better.
tws75

Post by tws75 »

thanks for the replys on my question i think ill go with exocet since it has the longer stock it will fit me alot better
xbowkidd

Post by xbowkidd »

i dont know much about the vortex but buying an exocet is one of the best decisions i ever made.
Team Dryfire
BradW

Post by BradW »

Just ordered an Exocet myself, main difference being I needed one without the thumbhole stock in case I decide to shoot competition in a medieval reenactment group I am involved with - as you can't have holes in the stock like that. Looking forward to getting it soon.