Which ones do you use ?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

pitch black

Which ones do you use ?

Post by pitch black »

I have 3 bolts that came with xbow that have flat end nocks, the ones with RS package has small holes in the ends of them, seen some bolts at wal mart that have i guess the half moon nocks, any better that the other, just wanting to stay on the best path, for this is all new to me, thanks, Mitch
Rich

Post by Rich »

Mitch,

Stick with the flat nocks, that is what is recommended for EXCAL's. The hole in the end of the nock is threaded so you can use a bolt puller that screws into the end of the bolt. The bolt puller makes it easier to remove bolts that are buried to the fletching. Any flat nocked bolt will work, just keep your bolt weights consistent (total bolt recommended weight is >350 grains).

Rich
groundpounder

Post by groundpounder »

I'll give an early reply and say don't use the half moon nocks. Excal does not recommend them. Others on here will better give you a reson as to why. The ones in the right stuff package (gold tip laser 2 graphites) have worked well for me. I've switched to Greywolfs customs this year. There has been alot of talk on the forum lately on making bolts but its not something I'm ready to start doing. You can buy customs from members here that will run about the same price as store bought.
Why ride when you can walk!
pitch black

Post by pitch black »

thanks for all the info, when I need any more I will get some custom ones from this forum , this site ROCKS !!
new paradox

bolts

Post by new paradox »

I have read on this site and seen pictures of what can happen if you buy cheap bolts (walmart)I like to use Bemen's,they always fly straight and they cost a buck less then the Goldtips where I shop.I shoot a Paradox and nothing less then 400 grains.They have been chronograft at 345 fps,they hit hard,so I wouldn't go cheep.
pitch black

Post by pitch black »

Im going to use the ones that came in right stuff package.
hawg hunter

the right bolts

Post by hawg hunter »

Youve defintely picked the right bolts. Beeman are little more durable and heavier than gold tip, One of my friends bought a paradox and he just loves it, very hard on bolts and targets. I've three different style of target and that Paradox drives those bolts nearly all the way through.
new paradox

Post by new paradox »

The Paradox likes the bolts to be over 400, so the weight of the Beemen's and 100 grain Grim Reapers I use have no problem going through those lucky bucks.
Cossack

Post by Cossack »

The weight of the bolt will affect the point of imparct significantly so use the same ones for best accuracy. My Gold tips weigh 370 grs with 100 gr tips; the Bemans weigh 450. They hit to diifferent point on the target. The heavier bolt flies about 20 fps slower.