Ladder Tree Stands Need Advice Please

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

dick195252

Ladder Tree Stands Need Advice Please

Post by dick195252 »

Hello Every One I Want To Thank All Of You Again On The Help You All Gave Me On Getting My New Exocet Bow Going. I Just Love It I Shoot Around 2 To 3 Hours A Week With It. Yes I Did Buy The Crank A Roo And It Is Great. Here Is My Next Problem Ladder Tree Stands What Is The Smallest Standing PlatForm You Would Buy To Be able To Shoot A Crossbow Out Of It And Get Full Range In All Directions. Any And All Suggestions And Recomendations Would Be Appreciated There Are So Many And The Great Big Ones All Seem To Heavy To Be Practicle In A Dense Woods. The Light Ones Seem To Have A Platform That Are 13 Inches By 18 Inches Seems Like It Might Be Small. Need Help Please!!! Thank You Dick
wabi

Post by wabi »

I have 2 smaller models and have modified both because they were too uncomfortable to set in for long. On both I extended them to set 4-5" farther out from the tree. I just purchased a 2 man stand that seems to be a lot better for sitting comfort.

I got it from bowhunter's superstore and got the 12' model so my 7 year old can hunt with me from it. It is 12' to the foot platform and is plenty high enough to suit me. It is definately a 2 man stand when it come to setting it up! It wasn't really all that bad to get up with 2 of us doing it, but forget it with one person!!!!! It seems very secure, no bad squeaks or rattles, but the seat cushion isn't comfortable. I'll probably take my turkey hunting cushion with a backrest along if I plan to set in it for long.

Don't let the listed price get you excited, by the time they add the "hidden" charges it's about $125. - still a decent price!

link to stand:
http://www.bowhunterssuperstore.com/pro ... cts_id=646

wabi