fob,alternative to fleching.

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

bait pile willie

fob,alternative to fleching.

Post by bait pile willie »

just returned from a bear hunt,one of the guys was shooting a fob one his arrow.only can be used on a conpound bow with fall away rest,the fob is a small rond plastic disc with 3 innner fins.it slides an end of arrow replacing the fletch,then you install the nock,with no glue,when it hits the animal,it falls off so you have a spot to start tracking.on the video he took you can see the blaze orange fob bounce off the bears chest.really cool.the fob has increased his arrow speed and tightened his groups.to bad we can not use them on a crossbow.
Stash

Post by Stash »

They are in fact pretty good product for a hunting arrow, but almost completely useless for any target competition shooting. Unless you have an unlimited budget, of course. You need to use a good quality dropaway rest.

They don't stand up to any sort of grouping - you can easily destroy 2-3 FOBs with a single shot if you or another shooter hit your previous arrows. And no particular advantage to them for indoor shooting on multiple spot targets.
Big John

return

Post by Big John »

bait pile willie:

You just returned from a Bear Hunt and I don't see any pic's posted? :?:
Just kidding , but if you got one this season post it for us. :)

Sorry to hi-jack your thread Stash. :oops:
Phoenix - 375 gr. BEE's (babyneilsons)
Micro 315 - 410 gr. Zombies/Lumenoks
Micro 355. - Punisher-Zombies/Lumenoks

Arrowmaker - Retired
[email protected]
Stash

Post by Stash »

Not my thread... :D

Sure, let's see more pics of grinning guys kneeling behind dead bears. :P
bait pile willie

Post by bait pile willie »

john,I got a bear,in fact 3 out of 4 got bears.a total of 44 bears were seen,35 while on stands. a lot of sows and cubs.I had a huge sow circle my stand and finally climb the tree and stuck her nose in the cormer of the stand about 12 inches from my foot but didnt smell anything so I guess scent a way spray does work.one hunter had a bear bluff charge him when he left the stand,he wet back up the ladder so quick he broke off one of the steps.lots of bears but little food supply.wild willie who sometimes posts here had 7 bears around him at one time and could not decide who had cubs or not,so could not shoot that nite.my friend shooting the compound bow had over 135 pictures on his trail camera.next time my son visits I will get him to pst some pictures and show me how to do it.all in all what a weekand I caught my biggest pike ever.
rutman

Post by rutman »

Those FOB's look like a great idea for hunting, you can always find the impact location on a pass through. Easy to find arrows because you then have the exact angle from the stand.
rutman
paradox
graphite goldtip laser II's
wasp 100gr. jakhammer sst expandibles
Love it all!!!!!!!!!
onmedic

Post by onmedic »

fobs are great, fobulous in fact. They are now steering all my arrows and tipped with rage 3 blades. Bait pile sure if brave, that bear could have taken his rockies right off :shock:
As far as fobs being useless for 3D, tell that to the new BC 3D Champion. 3 days of shooting and only one lost fob. They come in black and its amazing how they just disappear in the target.
I've been shooting them for several weeks and have only screwed one up. Not sure about other guys but arrows are too dang expensive to be grouping them all on one spot anyway. Specially shooting broadheads. Not sure why you would shoot all your arrows at one spot. The accuracey of these xbows is awesome, i just can't see wrecking arrows. If you can hit the size of a quarter i'd be shooting little spots not putting all my arrows in a 4" group. [/img]
Elite Archery
I want to be like Bill
FROW
Ontario Monster Whitetail Magazine
"Beasleys" Canada In The Rough
onmedic

Post by onmedic »

http://s219.photobucket.com/albums/cc12 ... =bear4.jpg
If i had a pic of bait pile willies i'd post his pic too, but i don't.
i don't know how to get the actual pic up, just the link.
Elite Archery
I want to be like Bill
FROW
onmedic

Post by onmedic »

http://s219.photobucket.com/albums/cc12 ... _bear4.jpg ok followed the instructions on the sticky, same deal, no pic only a link.
Elite Archery
I want to be like Bill
FROW
Paul Morris

Post by Paul Morris »

I herd there was some FOB talk here. If anyone has and questions I would be glad to help and promise NEVER to try and sell anything. Just provide information.

Regards,
Paul
StarrFlight
crutchracing

Post by crutchracing »

I started useing the fobs this year and they ar great. Talked to Paul for about a houre when i started useing them a great guy to talk to and can help you out on setting every thing up.
onmedic

Post by onmedic »

pm me as well.
Bryan
Elite Archery
I want to be like Bill
FROW