Son shot his first "deer" this week-end

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

TPM

Son shot his first "deer" this week-end

Post by TPM »

Well, actually it was a 3D foam deer but with the help of one of the women in our archery club he managed to hit the deer with a little kids recurve from an amazing distance of about 4 feet. I must mention he's only 2 1/2. I wish I would have had a camera. I was so proud (sniff, sniff).
There are some people in our club who have a couple of kids bows that they lend to members with small kids along with some arrows. He was so proud of it wouldn't put it down because now he has a bow "just like mommy and daddy's". It's even hanging in our basement with our bows. Gives him something to carry around and feel like part of the crowd we we go to the range (anyone who's had a 2 year old will know what I'm talking about :) ) When he outgrows it it will go back for some other kid.
The most important blood trail leads to the Cross...

Phoenix
HHA Optimizer
Hawke scope
Boo strings
Boo tuned trigger
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

Very cool! :D
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
A bowhunter with a passion for shooting firearms.
WMU 91
Boo string
DropTine

Post by DropTine »

LOL TPM, I thought you were poaching....LOL
BowTech Gaurdian
Apex Sight
Trophy Taker Drop Away Rest
Beman ICS Camo Hunter Arrows
Rage 100gr Slipcam Broadheads
Scott Archery Release

I am 19 years old and hunt and fish as much as I can
exocet200hunter

Post by exocet200hunter »

Awesome, my boy was shootin at age 2 too. He's now 7 and shootin a recurve still but can pluck them arrows in at 25 yrds now. I can't wait till Oct 1 this will be his first year in a stand with me watching. Well keep up the good work there Dad and keep him firing those arrows.
R.J.

Post by R.J. »

Great to start them early ! ... They grow up so fast !
See Ya. ... R.J. > " Remember , Trophies are measured by the time and energy expended to get them , not the size or quantity of the quarry "
TPM

Post by TPM »

Great to start them early ! ... They grow up so fast !
You are soooo right about that! He's at an age now where he can actually start to enjoy some of our activities or at least enjoy being there.
The archery people at our club are very supportive of kids and youth and even adult beginners. That's so important to the future of all shooting sports. For the last couple of years we've had a group of Boy Scouts come out on a Saturday for some .22 shooting. It is so awesome to see how excited they get when they actually hit the target. More often than not the parents who are along try it out too. It's fun to see some of the parents who have never shot a gun before go from being hesitant about trying it to saying, "Can I do one more target?". :D
The most important blood trail leads to the Cross...

Phoenix
HHA Optimizer
Hawke scope
Boo strings
Boo tuned trigger