Paint Issues

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

exocet200hunter

Paint Issues

Post by exocet200hunter »

Is it just me or does everyone have a issue with paint crack's. I baught a Exocet 200 in March and the limb's have slight paint crack's in them is this normal. I was told that it was.
If it is what is causing it ??? I've never dried fired it and if I know I'm noy going to shoot it for a month or so I take the string and dampners off and relax the the limbs.
Is it just cause of the high tension or should I bring it in to be looked at ?

- Thank's
Matt
BUSHDOG

Post by BUSHDOG »

bought my excocet last oct havnt noticed any problems like that
excocet200
groundpounder mount
lumizone
muzzy mx4 100grains
exocet200hunter

here's a pic of what I mean.
exocet200hunter

exocet200hunter

not a very good pic but you can see the lines top left of limb.
new paradox

Post by new paradox »

my bow is a 2003 and i do not have cracks but there are little chips or flacked off pieces on my limbs,they have been there since almost new and i have not had any problems.
vapredhunter

Post by vapredhunter »

My Exocet has some paint chipping also, they are just small chips for now I was thinking about contacting Excalibur about it. I was worried it might lead to a bigger problem later. :? Are they stress cracks ? I've noticed some small bumps under the paint as if the limb was not dusted off good before it was painted. :?: It dosen't seem to be a problem

Image[/img]
[img]http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f69/vapredhunter/Hunting/yoterun.gif[/img]
exocet200hunter

My paint isn't fallin off yet - due to the fact I probely haven't shot enough yet, it's still new but what is up with that ? and it's only on one limb it looks like small stress crack's but like you said is it going to lead to bigger problems later on ???
Thank's for the reply.
-Matt
Rich

Post by Rich »

I had the same issue with my Exocet and it ended up splintering in the same area. Don't know if it was a coincidence or not, but the limbs were replaced without any trouble.

http://www.excaliburcrossbow.com/phpBB2 ... highlight=

Rich
Excalibur Marketing Dude
Site Admin

Post by Excalibur Marketing Dude »

Exocet200hunter:

Getting finish to stick to crossbow limbs is a bit tricky and if it is put on too thick or the fiberglass is not totaly clean it is possible to have slight defects like you have. The limb is perfectly operational but we will replace your limbs any time you like since they are under warranty. However, since we are getting close to the hunting season I would suggest to use your limbs for the season and return them after to avoid laying up your crossbow. If you have questions please call me:
800-463-1817

Peter
Last edited by Excalibur Marketing Dude on Tue Aug 28, 2007 8:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
chessy

Post by chessy »

not to sound arogant..... i no these are small problems excalibur will fix em i garentee you if it was a gun you would have a problem getting them to replace your stock if the paint was comming off... been there done that ..... i think most people should report there problems to the company first then post back what there problem was and what was the end result either way the company looks good or bad... but i know from other people on the board just call excalibur and it will be fixed....

number one company in canada i think for warrentee
thanks excalibur for a great product
exocet200hunter

Don't get me wrong, I'm not puttin Excalibur down or bad mouthing them in anyway. Is was just a issued I had that I wasn't sure if it was common. If I didn't believe in the company or there product's I wouldn't have baught one, or there accessories. I'm proud to shoot an Excal and really proud they are a Canadian based Company.
Peter thank's for the insight or limb replacement and will deffiently give you a call after the season.
But to everyone on the Excalibur team Thank You very much - and if you have any job opening's let me know. lol
Thank's
-Matt
peter p

Post by peter p »

If you are talking about the little lines on the limbs....that's normal.
They look like little black lines where the camo didn't get into.
If you look closely you will see them on both limbs.
Grizzly Adam

Post by Grizzly Adam »

I know that the painted finish on my Exomax is exceedingly rough and bumpy compared to the Mathews Switchback I was shooting before my hand operation. Not a function issue, but I don't think it's finished as well as it could be, or should be.

The Excal is a very solid performer. The stock and rail and trigger group and catch assembly are all fine, too ... but the finish and paint job is less than fine.

I have no doubt that Bill T. and company would replace my limbs too if I griped about it ... but I just don't think it's that important. I'm OK with it, but I know what some of ya'll are talking about.

All things considered, I think Excal is one fine company making fine bows. :D
Grizz
vapredhunter

Post by vapredhunter »

Ok, I was not bad mouthing Excalibur. But since the topic came up, I can say that the paint chipping has been a concern. I had planned to contact Excalibur after this season anyway.

This will be the third season with my bow, and the warranty be ending soon. I had no doubt that Excalibur would fully take care of my issue if I called them. I was just hoping someone from Excalibur would join in the thread explain the cause and maybe assure me that it was not going to be an issue, and guess what they did, proving they have great customer service.

I also do not plan on sending my limbs back for a few paint chips but if the Excalibur marketing dude thought it was going to be larger issue or it might be a recall issue they needed to know about. Then I might plan to sending it in after this season rather then waiting until my warranty was almost up.

So sorry by no means did I think that expressing my concerns about a small problem was bad mouthing Excalibur I have highly recommended them to all of my friends and family and my next crossbow will also be a Excalibur.

Also if I had a bought a gun and shooting it caused the finish to chip off I would contact the maker about it because I would have a problem with that!

Thank you Chris,
[img]http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f69/vapredhunter/Hunting/yoterun.gif[/img]