Fall Classic

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

onmedic

Fall Classic

Post by onmedic »

Anyone planning on going to Bass Pro this weekend? They have some great deals on for the fall classic sale.
Ontario Monster Whitetail Magazine will be there as well as FROW so if you have any racks, skulls, turkey spurs and beards bring them in and have them scored.
Meet the Canada in the Rough crew as well as some of the Bass Pro staff hunters.
The classic runs Friday, Saturday and Sunday.
Elite Archery
I want to be like Bill
FROW
Ontario Monster Whitetail Magazine
"Beasleys" Canada In The Rough
schnarrfuss

Post by schnarrfuss »

Was there last Saturday. I was disappointed with the sales and not having alot of the sales items there.
"Hunting is not a matter of life or death. It's much more important than that."

Exomag-Lumizone-Thunderbolts-Slicks-
Blasers-GroundpounderMount-CustomBooString

Bowtech Destroyer Compound Bow Fully Loaded
onmedic

Post by onmedic »

yup, been there, its kind of disappointing seeing all the great stuff in the catlogue and then not having it in stock and never will have it. They stock only according to whats being sold. With the Canadian dollar being so good, if your within 2hrs of the states it may not be a bad idea to take a shopping trip. I hate saying that but if these stores aren't going to carry what you want then go elsewhere.
I do know that there is a few things that i want that is in stock and is one heck of a deal. I will be there anyway with FROW and Ontario Monster Whitetail mags display so why not.
Bryan
Elite Archery
I want to be like Bill
FROW
XbowMisiu

Post by XbowMisiu »

I am about to give up on this store all together… When ever I am in Toronto I stop by but most of the time the things I am looking for are out of tock. It seams that the out of stock items take forever to come in again. Last time I was there and was looking for some down riggers they had in their catalog. Did not find any on their shelves. Asked the guy at the counter, he checked in the back – they were all gone and they will not get any more. Looked for a Bushnell scope, they did not sell it and the guy wasn’t rally interested in ordering one. I think there is many better sores around (with better prices for sure).
Darz Bór!
tuskntine

Post by tuskntine »

I think Bass Pro has become like Wal Mart . In the area of sporting goods , they just get their seasonal order in and then no reorders .They just wait till the next season . Such as bow hunting stuff comes in , then when the shelves start to get bare they reset for muzzle loader season . Then after that it is rifle season . So get what you want early , or do without . Usually all that is left is the stuff nobody wants .
Love your neighbor, but keep your guns oiled.
Alaspan

Post by Alaspan »

I was there on the weekend, and I agree, it's a heck of a drive for us, with better deals to be had in the U.S. The Canadian prices (even with the exchange) are quite higher than than the U.S. stores. Their stock was low on some items, and not much of a 'sale'. Though there was a good deal on Irish Setter boots. Picked up a jacket, down from 239 to 189. Looked in the catalog and it was 169 (U.S). Argh.

Michael Olson and Thomas Pigeon from Canada in the Rough were there both days. Good guys.
Stash

Toronto BPS Classic

Post by Stash »

If you look around the Toronto BP store you will notice that there isn't much in the way of empty shelf space. If the store had everything that was in the catalog, and a complete supply on hand of everything the MIGHT sell, the store would have to be maybe 4 times bigger with a matching warehouse. It would be nice to have everything that everyone might possibly want, but that would be impossible.

And there's no way to predict how many of any sale item might get bought up right away - sometimes the demand is much higher than expected and things sell out. Sometimes it's BP's fault, sometimes the supplier simply can't meet demand.

The BP distribution center in Springfield MO is 1.4 million square feet and the shelves go up about 60 feet and often THEY run out of stock.

As for prices, BP does have a price match guarantee, and if you can provide proof of a locally available item advertised at a regular lower price, BP will match it.

One big issue is the current exchange rate between $US and $CDN - you would think prices in the Canadian store would be closer to the US catalog prices. I can't answer to that, other than to say Canadian prices are set by the US head office, not at the Toronto store, and they are based on long term contracts and the exchange rate at the time of the contracts.

Canadian prices are also influenced by the local market conditions.

Also, with about 140,000 different items in stock, it would also be impossible to change prices throughout the store every time the $CDN changes value.

If you can't find what you want at the Toronto store, then you can always catalog shop and pay in $US (plus shipping, duty, brokerage fees, waiting time...), or drive to the US and pay for gas, time, bridge fees, PST, GST, duty (you wouldn't be smuggling things back, right?) :)

Special orders are a slow process and you would get something from the catalog much faster and probably cheaper if you ordered direct.

If anyone is in the Toronto store this weekend, come by the archery counter and watch me assemble Excaliburs all weekend :roll:
JRS

Post by JRS »

I still go to the Detroit store for their fall hunting sale - more selection and better pricing. Was there 3 weeks ago and the customs officer wasn't even interested in having to collect taxes on the $500 my budddy and I spent.
onmedic

Post by onmedic »

got back lastnight from the fall classic. Got my layout blind. Awesome deal. I can't believe they were selling for 149.00 I heard they went through 1000 of them. I left at 16:00 and they still have the ladder stands, either 79.00 or 89.00, there was still 300 of them according staff.
Good day in all, measured a few really nice racks. Today the feature is a ground blind, its huge, its only 69.00
Bet they won't last long.
Bryan
Elite Archery
I want to be like Bill
FROW
Bow Life

Post by Bow Life »

Was there a couple weeks ago looking at purchasing a 243 with a scope and the guy that i spoke to at the gun counter had no interest in serving me, told me they had limited # in stock, nothing what i was looking for and that it would take a long time to order in. I then wanted to ask a couple of questions about a 222mag i currently own and the guy told me he had never herd of a 222mag, i must be confused with a 22mag and that he had no way of asking anyone else or finding any info out for me.

Needless to say i wont be going back to purchase a gun. Small stuff maybe but deffinetally dissapointed in the service.
Mike

Excalibur Exocet
Drop Zone Scope
Gold Tip Laser 2 Graphite Bolts
100 Wasp BroadHeads

Greatness is not in where we stand, but in what direction we are moving.