Crossbow Buying for Dummies

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Mike P

Crossbow Buying for Dummies

Post by Mike P »

Yep, it’s that time of year.

This is for you Mr. New Guy. You’re the guy that found this site while researching crossbows. You’re looking for your first crossbow. You’re trying to determine what crossbow to buy with your hard earned money and can’t afford to make a mistake. For you, parting with the money required to purchase a crossbow is a substantial monetary decision. It is money that could be well spent elsewhere in your life. Well today my friend, you just hit the jackpot! Today you find out you’re able to save that precious cash. Today you learn how to “invest it.”

Anyone can buy a crossbow. You plunk your money down and walk off with the goods. And there are a bunch of good ones out there. And, if you can pony up some big money, there are some great ones. Some are accurate and some are not so accurate. Some less expensive ones shoot better then some expensive ones. You hear all the pros and cons at all the various web sites and forums. Roll the dice and spend that precious cash and hope you get lucky. Not a pleasing proposition for you now is it!

But let’s try and make this buying decision process a little easier. For the sake of argument, let’s say you want a crossbow accurate and strong enough for the consistent and humane killing of whitetail deer. I suspect that is the main purpose for acquiring this crossbow. And let’s assume your monetary situation allows you to part with somewhere between $400 and $800 for this acquisition. These two assumptions have eliminated two segments of the marketplace, the low end cheap bows with suspect accuracy and the high end techno bows that you couldn’t afford in the first place.

What we end up with is a pretty good list of the who’s who in the crossbow industry. Look through the catalogues with the glossy pages, you will find them all there. And the features and benefits touted by these manufacturers when describing their product can make the mind reel. How is it possible to differentiate between the bows? All seem to have some features that are unique to their product. All will make claims as to their accuracy. Some will tout their durability and ease of service. And so forth and so forth.

I think the answer to the dilemma is not to buy a crossbow at all. As I said above, anyone can buy a crossbow. I submit to you that the correct answer is to invest your hard earned funds in a crossbow company’s vision. Invest your funds in their philosophy. And most importantly, invest your funds in their people. You see, by investing rather then purchasing, you get a return on your investment. Why just buy a crossbow when you can invest your funds and receive not only a crossbow but so much more.

Well Mr. New Guy that is what you receive when you invest in an Excalibur. You will find no serial number on your bow. There will be no limited warranty statement. You see they are not needed. You didn’t buy a crossbow. You invested. You joined the family. Your family answers the phone when you call the company with any concerns. Your family answers all your questions here on this forum. And should anything go wrong with your investment even if you are the cause, your family is going to take care of you. It’s what families do. And everyone you ever have contact with regarding your bow is going to treat you this way. Of course your investment also includes a tack nailing state of the art weapon with repeatable accuracy and durability second to none, but if you have researched crossbows, you already know that.

So do not spend your hard earned money on a crossbow for this upcoming season. Invest it in an Excalibur. You’re going to thank me all season long for that return on your investment.
Rich

Post by Rich »

Mike,

I almost ran out and bought my 3rd EXCAL after reading this, well said.

Rich
Grizzly Adam

Post by Grizzly Adam »

All right, Mike ...

How much did Bill T. pay you to write that? :wink: :D
Grizz
saxman

Post by saxman »

I second that emotion.
Scott
http://www.myspace.com/saxman1

Take a kid hunting
They don't remember their best day of watching TV

Excalibur Equinox
TruGlo Red/Green Dot
NGSS Absorber by NewGuy
Custom strings by BOO
Groundpounder Top Mount
ACF Member - 2011
curmudgeon

Post by curmudgeon »

I too explored a lot concerning Crossbows before I ordered my Vixen, now I own two of them and know I made the right choice, it pays to do research. :D
awshucks

Post by awshucks »

Mike P: You write like Excal makes xbows!! Good one!
"Eze 18:21"
BUSHDOG

Post by BUSHDOG »

praise the lord and pass me a bolt
excocet200
groundpounder mount
lumizone
muzzy mx4 100grains
BigTiny

Post by BigTiny »

Wow. If you were a minister, it would be time to "pass the plate".
hikerman

Post by hikerman »

Man, that is well put!
Grizzly Adam

Post by Grizzly Adam »

OK, Ya'll ... let's watch it with the minister cracks! :wink: :D
Grizz
BUSHDOG

Post by BUSHDOG »

:shock:
excocet200
groundpounder mount
lumizone
muzzy mx4 100grains
dick195252

Post by dick195252 »

Could Not Say It Better!!! Exocet Owner Here Love It!!! Could Not Be Any Bow Better.. You Get A Great Deal At Bowhunters Super Store And They Have GREAT Service Allso...
KYXbow

Post by KYXbow »

Excal is proof you dont have to sell the most expensive crossbow to be on the TOP.
mikew

Post by mikew »

bstout wrote:Say it with me Brothers and Sisters! :D
Amen!

Well put Mike! :D

-Mike
navaman

Post by navaman »

Mike, i read this post while i was out of town on business. i got a cool new cell phone where i can read what's posted i just can't reply. not yet anyway. GREAT POST !!
"Be on the alert,stand firm in the faith,act like men, be strong."