New String Issues

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

exocet200hunter

New String Issues

Post by exocet200hunter »

Hey everyone, well straight to the point I just restrung my exocet200 for the first time. I never twisted the string or anything and when put on the string it sit's back about 3/8 of a inch behind the last line on my shooting rail. Is this normal ?? I figured if I twisted the string to make it shorter that would be explainable but since there is no twist involve does it usually sit back that far at first before it stretches ??? Even my pads are not touching the limbs about 2-3 millameter off.
I would be gratefull if someone would get back to me about this ASAP or I'm just going to pit the old string back on for now.
Thank's
-Matt
Farmer

Post by Farmer »

I have had a few strings do the same. they will stretch and settle in after you shoot them a bit.
crazyfarmer

Post by crazyfarmer »

which string do you have? It takes me about 1-2 weeks to get my flemish strings to stay in place but they still stretch some after that. You have to twist the string a few turns so it gets back about 1/4th inch in front of that last line.

its nothing bad.. just twist the string and few turns and see where it puts the string then :lol: