Got a DropZone...not sure about it

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

OwnerITO

Got a DropZone...not sure about it

Post by OwnerITO »

I stated in earlier posts that I only had the f/o sight that came with the Phoenix. Well my friend was selling his 'mint' condition DropZone for $50.00 so I bought it from him. Now that it is mounted and I have shot with it and got it sighted in, I am feeling like going back to the f/o sight simply cause I cannot get the scope reticle 100% straight just by eyeballing it and my wife is saying divorce if I spend one more penny on ANY hunting product for the remainder of this year. Did all you guys who use scopes just level your crossbow then 'eyeball' the reticle so it is straight? If so, is this working out for you? I am 75% of the way to going back to the f/o sight just for the comfort of knowing that it is stable and not off due to human error.
dick195252

Post by dick195252 »

Hello I Just Mounted Mine just Like The Instructional DVD Said To Do It And Love It No Problems At All You Can View That DVD At www.excaliburcrossbow.com... Mine Is The Scope And Mounts That Came With The Right Stuff Package I Bought. Hope This Might Have Helped A Little. My Scope Is Dead On.. Have A Great Day Dick
Doe Master
Site Admin

Post by Doe Master »

I know this is going to sound a little overboard but it is very simple .Put your bow on a steady rest ie. between two tool boxs on your picnic table . Put a level across the limbs so you know that it is perfectly horizontal ,now walk out to 20 yds. and hang your cocking aid or other suitable hanging device with a thick line to see(this is now a plumb bob ).Go back and adjust your scope ,for you know the bow is level and you have a perfect vertical with the plumb bob .hope this helps
bj

Post by bj »

Doe Master wrote:I know this is going to sound a little overboard but it is very simple .Put your bow on a steady rest ie. between two tool boxs on your picnic table . Put a level across the limbs so you know that it is perfectly horizontal ,now walk out to 20 yds. and hang your cocking aid or other suitable hanging device with a thick line to see(this is now a plumb bob ).Go back and adjust your scope ,for you know the bow is level and you have a perfect vertical with the plumb bob .hope this helps
hopefully the picnic table is level :wink: :wink: :wink:

Wayne.....
ComfyBear

Post by ComfyBear »

I agree with Bob (bstout). With a rifle, where all that's used is the crosshairs, it doesn't matter if the reticles are "slightly off. On the contrary with a DropZone, or Varizone which use additional chevrons one might be zeroed in at 20 yards, but if the reticles are not perfectly vertical then your windage will be off and increase from 30 and 50 yards.
ComfyBear
Micro Axe 340, Matrix 380, Matrix 355, Matrix 350, Exocet 200
ComfyBear Strings
G5 Montecs 125gr., SlickTrick 125 gr. Magnums

To thine own self be true.
Remove thine mask Polonius.
Live thy truth, doth not be false to any man.