Another bean field ...

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

R.J.

Another bean field ...

Post by R.J. »

Decided to leave the " bachelor buck bean field " alone tonight and scout another farm I have permission on that has beans as well ...

Started to hike around the outside edge ... 1st rise I came over I saw two deer heading out to feed ... the sun was bad for pictures so I snapped a quick shot and when they fed further into the field I snuck back over the rise and came into the field from the other end ...

Took me approx 35 mins to get relocated ... I hunkered in some cover and waited ... it was a sweet spot , the wind was good and a deer trail crossed on an angle from the bush lot , thru a finger part of the bean field from approx 25 yards to my left to approx 15 yards to my right where it went into the bush which eventually opened into the main field ... it seemed like a beauty spot for a photo ambush ...

About 30 mins later The sun has dropped enough to level out the light ... I hear a noise to my right and watch 2 yearlings feed to within 15 yards of me ... took me a couple of minuets to get turned around to get the camera in the right direction ... but the wind was perfect and they fed together , then one walked into the cover and the last one focused on me as I took the last frame before it follwed the other ... Man it's cool to get close !

I watch the field till dark ... I saw three other deer enter the field approx 65 yards away ... it was 2 small rack bucks and a fork horn all in velvet ... too dark for pictures , but OK to ID them thru my binoc's ... seems the bucks are still travelling together and beans are the feed of choice right now ..
See Ya. ... R.J. > " Remember , Trophies are measured by the time and energy expended to get them , not the size or quantity of the quarry "
Alaspan

Post by Alaspan »

RJ,
I love your pictures, you've got a great season ahead of you.
Thanks for keeping us all so focused and anxious for the upcoming season.
29 days....

Keep them coming!!
diesel

Post by diesel »

Great story and great pictures too.
Thanks for the pictures. :D
leonk

Post by leonk »

cool as always :D
CH

Post by CH »

Hey great shots corn and beans on alot of the propertys were going to hunt sweet well hook up for geese mabey friday morning.... :lol: :lol:
tuskntine

Post by tuskntine »

Would like to know what editing program you use . Doing a great job.
Love your neighbor, but keep your guns oiled.
Grizzly Adam

Post by Grizzly Adam »

Ah, yes ... the ubiquitous "Field of Beans."

As every farmer knows: Plant it, and they will come. :wink:

Nice pics, RJ!
Grizz
Skeeter

Post by Skeeter »

Nice pictures R.J. !! Thanks for posting them for us that are too dang busy to go do that ourselves :lol:
Skeeter

It's not the aptitude but the attitude that determines the altitude!
DrDan

Post by DrDan »

Rick,

Putting finish on tomight - another couple coats and do the felt and they are on the way to you. Looking nice...

DrD
Phoenix - Equinox
Don't trust anyone wearing a necktie...
DrDan