Blazer Vanes ???

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

exocet200hunter

Blazer Vanes ???

Post by exocet200hunter »

I've been readying alot on here about everyone using 2 inch blazer vanes on there shaft's. What is with this ??? Am I being left in the dark ? lol, So do most of you use them cause the fly flatter and faster or is this just the new thing to do ?
I've alway's used 4inch bohning vanes on bolt's but do the 2' blazer's have a advantage over these or just a personal choice ?
When I use to shoot for the CFAA my acc's were alway's equiped with 2 inch black vanes all around for 3-D shoot's cause it's harder to see the arrow w/ a black nock. But I did this for the extra edge if I had a good shot the next shooter would have a hard time seeing my arrow.
Well keep me posted just wondering if there was a advantage other then the speed issue. And just a quick question has anyone tried those quick Spin vanes on a bolt ? if so how did it turn out ?
Thank's
-Matt
diesel

Post by diesel »

Matt;
I feel it's personal choice. The height of the vane is where your control comes from not the length. The 2" blazers are lighter so they can give you a hight FOC. ( flight of center ).
I like to use a 3" vane my self.
Vanes , broadheads, and bolts are all personal choices. It's what works for you. :D
wabi

Post by wabi »

The Blazers are lighter in weight than most vanes, but they still provide good stability.
wabi
Normous

Post by Normous »

Blazer (3) = 14 grains (Fly great on GT II)
5" plastic (3) = 39 grains
5" feather (3) = 8 grains

Norm
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family