deer calls

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Fergie10

deer calls

Post by Fergie10 »

new to the deer calls what are some calls that u would reccomend? and what are the differnces between a grunt and a wheez or w/e thanks for the help in advance
crazyfarmer

Post by crazyfarmer »

if you want one that does about everythiing, get the MAD grunt/snort/wheeze call.. its about 17bucks

I have all the MAD line of calls and all work well.. espically the buck growl one. I mainly use that for grunts though

deer calling is like talking..

grunting easy is like talking silent.. it just means hi, im here.

grunt loud is like yelling.. HEY, get the hell over here(also excited) :D

the wheeze is the sound a buck or even doe makes when they want you to move away.. kinda like saying, this is my spot and leave. Bucks dont like that douring the pre rut and rut since they dont want others in their area. If a grunt doesnt get his attention then the wheeze would. The most important part of calling is knowing when to call. Wheeze and grunt to much to early in the deer cycle and you will do nothing but spook deer.
I watch deer and let them tell me when to call.. ive had the pleasure of hearing about every sound the deer makes.. alot of that has to do with leeting smaller bucks walk, since they will show you alot just by watching them :D
diesel

Post by diesel »

I like Primos calls, the can you can't beat it.I really like most of their calls. Also like the hands free Modern calls they have a nice sound too.
:D
buzz

Post by buzz »

navaman

Post by navaman »

for two years now i've been using an inexpensive (less than 5.00) knight and hale i bought at a wal-mart closeout. oh yeah, it don't have all the bells and whistles and o-rings and things like that but it stops stops bucks in their tracks. i can adjust the tone on it by how i blow into it. :wink:
"Be on the alert,stand firm in the faith,act like men, be strong."