Gold Tip Going Strong Still?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

OwnerITO

Gold Tip Going Strong Still?

Post by OwnerITO »

I was following an earlier post about how Easton Firebolts are replacing the Gold Tip. Has this transition happend yet?
Also, does anyone have any experience with the Meta Line (G5) nocks and inserts? Are they as good as they look?
OwnerITO

Post by OwnerITO »

Sorry all for the misquote there. It is the Easton Powerbolt that I am asking about. Has it officially replaced the Gold Tip yet?
Shakky

Post by Shakky »

I noticed the other day that Bass Pro still had the GT's but Lebarons in Markham are selling the Firebolt. Some must still have old stock.
trapper

Post by trapper »

I am little confused, is it a firebolt or powerbolt? I have seen the powerbolts but have yet to find anything out on the firebolts.

My new GT 2's are not flying that well out of the exomag and I am looking for a change. The GT's are fletched with 4" duravanes with a 4 deg offset, alum. inserts front and back. The FOC with a 100 grain tip comes in around 14.75%. They should fly like darts but I keep getting fliers. Thinking that I need a heavier bolt. Any thoughts?
Shakky

Post by Shakky »

They are Firebolts and they come in at 285gr give or take 2gr.
chris4570

Post by chris4570 »

trapper wrote:I am little confused, is it a firebolt or powerbolt? I have seen the powerbolts but have yet to find anything out on the firebolts.

My new GT 2's are not flying that well out of the exomag and I am looking for a change. The GT's are fletched with 4" duravanes with a 4 deg offset, alum. inserts front and back. The FOC with a 100 grain tip comes in around 14.75%. They should fly like darts but I keep getting fliers. Thinking that I need a heavier bolt. Any thoughts?
Apparently there has been discrepencies with the weight of GT 2's. This could be the cause of your occasional flier.
You can take the man out of the woods but you can't take the woods out of the man.

"Celebrate your harvest with a Bloodtrail Ale(tm)!!"
"It CAN Be Done!"
OwnerITO

Post by OwnerITO »

So has anyone had a chance to grab up a couple of these Firebols and put them into action? I am thinking, when I start to make my own arrows about the firebolts and the Meta Line from G5 for nocks and inserts.
Does anyone have any experience with this line of products?
ger34

Post by ger34 »

I was at the Bow Shop in Waterloo tonight and asked about the new Easton Carbon bolts...from what i was told...the Bow Shop does not have them out on the "shelf" yet as they are still trying them out....you can get them...but by the sounds of it they are not being "endorsed" yet

Thats the latest

Ger
widowman

Post by widowman »

I would think that weight would have little to do with flyers, unless they only were off in elevation.

If the flyers are inconsistent, more likely the insert or nock is not square.
Shakky

Post by Shakky »

ger34 wrote:I was at the Bow Shop in Waterloo tonight and asked about the new Easton Carbon bolts...from what i was told...the Bow Shop does not have them out on the "shelf" yet as they are still trying them out....you can get them...but by the sounds of it they are not being "endorsed" yet

Thats the latest

Ger
Not sure what you mean by not "endorsed" yet. The Firebolts I bought at Lebaron came in an Excalibur package. The Bow Shop doesn't "endorse" them yet?
ger34

Post by ger34 »

Shakky wrote:
ger34 wrote:I was at the Bow Shop in Waterloo tonight and asked about the new Easton Carbon bolts...from what i was told...the Bow Shop does not have them out on the "shelf" yet as they are still trying them out....you can get them...but by the sounds of it they are not being "endorsed" yet

Thats the latest

Ger
Not sure what you mean by not "endorsed" yet. The Firebolts I bought at Lebaron came in an Excalibur package. The Bow Shop doesn't "endorse" them yet?
When I asked the young lady that was helping me what was going on with the Gold tip Carbons...she told me that they were not putting them out on the shelf yet till they were positive that there were not going to be any problems with them...sorry if I caused any confusion by saying "endorsed"....the Bow Shop still sells the Gold Tip carbons as the arrow of choice for Excalibur crossbows....
Shakky

Post by Shakky »

OK, now I get it. :wink:
ddwade

Post by ddwade »

A buddy of mine just got a new Excalibur accessory package that contained the Easton shafts. They appear to be very good shafts.
DWinVA
Al

Post by Al »

I was at a bow shop last week and saw the Easton bolts in Excalibur packaging, we weighed them on a scale, they were all within 1-2 grains...nice!
exocet200hunter

Post by exocet200hunter »

Are these Carbon or Aluminum shaft's ???