The Rut In Tennessee

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

dick195252

The Rut In Tennessee

Post by dick195252 »

Hello Every One As You All Know By Now I Am A Property Owner In McEwen Tennessee My Wife And I Closed On Our House And Land About 4 Weeks Ago. Can Any One Give Me The Usual Cycle Of The Rut In This Area. First Grand Baby Is Due This Month In Georgia And Would Like To Schedule The Trip To See The Kids And Get A Week Of Hunting In At Same Time. Would Like To Try To Hunt A Part Of The Rut... Thank You Have A Great Day :D Dick
pitch black

Post by pitch black »

I would say the last 2 weeks of November, I used to hunt down that way, I would take vacation the first of November to muzzleload hunt, deer was statring to chase does, buddy of mine goes down at thanksgiving has good luck hunting rutting bucks.
TNXBow

Post by TNXBow »

dick195252, I had a lease on 1000 acres 3 miles North of Waverly, which is about 10 miles West of McEwen for about 25 years. The Timber Company that owned the land sold it 4 years ago. I am not a biologist, but I observed more Bucks chasing Does during Muzzleloader season, which in TN is November 3 thru 9.. Humphrey County is one of the best counties in the state for deer. McEwen is known for it’s Irish Picnic. Hope you got to attend. You should have a lot of hunting success . Wishing you the best season ever.
dick195252

Post by dick195252 »

Thank You Both For The Info I Am So Excited To Get To Hunt Land That I Own It Has Been A Life Long Dream Of Mine It Took 55 Years Hope The Good Lord Gives Me Many More Years To Enjoy It.. Thanks Again Dick