Sold on Wasp Boss

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

OwnerITO

Sold on Wasp Boss

Post by OwnerITO »

Thanks to my friend putting three of his bolts into various trees in his backyard while sighting in his Exomax I can now say that these broad heads are tough. WOW!!! Not only did they hold together but they were sharp and only one had minimal damage. I am impressed. Talk about the ultimate "unwanted" broad head test LOL!!!
sumner4991

Post by sumner4991 »

Please, tell me your friend was trying to hit the trees. :lol: Otherwise, the Wasps may be tough, but, their accuracy may be in question. :lol: :lol: :lol: :cry: Laughing so hard, it's making me cry. :oops:
I'd rather wear out than rust out.
Perception trumps intention.

2006 Exomax w/Agingcrossbower Custom Stock
20" Easton Powerbolts w/125gr Trophy Ridge Stricknines & 2"Blazers
Boo Custom Strings
2006 Vixen
ninepointer

Post by ninepointer »

I bought some 100 gr., 3-blade Wasp Boss heads earlier this year because I heard so many good things about them on this forum and because they were on sale, which made them significantly cheaper than Muzzys or G5s.

I set aside one of the Wasps as my practice broadhead. The first time I shot it at my target, I knew it would penetrate deep because my target is not intended for broadheads. But I was amazed when it nearly did a complete pass-thru. I have in the past shot other heads that penetrated a lot less into the same target . Best of all, my POI was the same as my field points.

18 more days..... :D
Slick Trick 100 gr. Standard broadheads
Groundpounder Quiver Mount
LV2HNT

Post by LV2HNT »

I have been using wasps for most of my life. All the new expandibles out there look realy cool but I've been having problems convincing myself to stop using wasps. Why screw with a great thing?
A bad day in the woods is better than a good day anywhere else.
OwnerITO

Post by OwnerITO »

I know they fly true for me so it had to have been human error. He is a real tight azz when it comes to money. LOL, you should have seen him everytime he missed the target hehe. dang #*%^$$$ broad heads stupid #@! bolts, what the &*%^ is wrong here. LOL, man alive I was laughing so hard on the inside that I had to run to the trees so I wouldn't laugh in his face. That is funny. Oh, he was shooting them into my new Delta shotblocker (Blue) target. I am very impressed with this target btw. Of course, it didn't sustain as much damage as the trees LOL. Oh man, I kill me.
Rich

Post by Rich »

I just sighted the wife's Phoenix in with the Wasp Boss 100 grains. Using a quarter sized orange dot, all six bolts with broadhead shoot in the lower right quarter of the dot. I'm guessing less than 1/2 inch group total. Bolts were GT II's, brass inserts, 2" blazers, Wasp Boss 100's. Their POI is exactly the same as field tips. I was wanting to switch to Slicks but why.

Rich
Last edited by Rich on Fri Sep 14, 2007 5:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
exocet

Post by exocet »

I fully agree, the WASP Boss SST`s are smoking!! They fly so well, so sharp and so well made, I am sticking with them!! I shot a 7 point buck last year at about 30 yards, quartering away and it went in half way back the deer, blew thru the heart and 1 lung and out the far side brisket and the head was in perfect shape :D Awsome heads!!

Jack
huntertroyjack

Post by huntertroyjack »

I also use Wasp Boss and ,I think they are awesome!!
troy
kevin

Post by kevin »

I used them for a few years then went to slick tricks. I did just purchase some of the Bass Pro Blackouts and will use them in the Vixen this year. I'll stick to ST's in the big bows.

These Blackouts seem to be well made and do fly well on my 16" Vixen bolts.
my member name used to be kev until I changed my e-mail. member oct. 18, 2003
pphoenix

Post by pphoenix »

also going to be using the wasp boss this year, 7 more days until the opener