Who gets your $

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

raydaughety

Who gets your $

Post by raydaughety »

I know a lot of you support different groups that really help keeping our freedoms to hunt and fish alive. There are so many, the NRA, SCI, ect.... If I wanted to support one or two of these organizations, who should they be. Who really puts your money to work to support our rights. No, I didn't win the lottery, I just want to do my part.

Thanks and God Bless,
God Bless !!!!!!!!!

Ray
mikew

Re: Who gets your $

Post by mikew »

raydaughety wrote:... If I wanted to support one or two of these organizations, who should they be. Who really puts your money to work to support our rights. No, I didn't win the lottery, I just want to do my part.
Ray,
Second Amendment Foundation (http://www.saf.org/) & NRA (http://www.nra.org/)

I chose SAF over NRA's legislative action wing since SAF donations are Tax Deductible in the US which stretches my dollars a bit more.

I support the NRA as a Life Member (wife is too). Say what you might, but no other organization has stood the test of time standing up for all our rights.

Anyway, hope that helps & thanks for doing your part.

-Mike
Boo

Post by Boo »

I wish I could say that I put more money into wildlife and hunting associations but I have a yearly scholarship that gives a few thousand dollars to East York Collegiate high school kids that have good marks but cannot afford post secondary school. I also have American Crossbow, NRA and Ontario Handgun (Life) memberships.
Some people just like stepping on rakes
wabi

Post by wabi »

ACF

I found out after years of being an NRA member they were not one bit interested in helping me fight for my second amendment rights on a personal level. I was misinformed (as in lied to) by an attorney in a case affecting my rights, and the NRA would not help me get the case re-opened.
wabi
mikew

Post by mikew »

bstout wrote:The ACF (American Crossbow Federation) is a great place (see above sticky). I'm going to maintain my membership for as long as I can afford to do so.
Great idea!

-Mike
pokynojoe

Post by pokynojoe »

I support the NRA. Having said that, I believe your question was about "hunting and fishing" "rights"? Don't confuse your Second Amendment Right To Keep and Bear Arms, with your "right" or privilege(which is really what it is, since you have to buy a license to do so) to hunt and fish. The NRA does a pretty good job protecting and maintaining your Second Amendment Rights, as far as hunting and fishing maybe not so good. Safari Club International is pretty good. All the "Unlimited" organizations are pretty good. I'm of the believe that maintaining the hunting and fishing tradition is probably best done at the grass-roots or local level. Look around your area, there's probably a "sportsman's" organization or club that really needs you. My club sponsers many events in conjunction with the TWRA, such as Youth Hunts(we just had a free youth dove hunt in which we got sixty kids!), Hunter Safety courses, Fishing Rodeos and the like. This type of activity, I believe, does more to cement the bond of the outdoor sporting traditions.

The most hard-core, no nonsense, no BS Second Amendment Rights group that I'm aware of is the JPFO. These guys are serious, very active, and extremely committed to protecting your Second Amendment Rights. And, just in case you're wondering, no you don't have to be Jewish to be a member. Check 'em out.

Regards
Joe

PS: I'd just like to say a special "good luck" to all the bowhunters in the "Volunteer" State heading out for the openner on Saturday. And good luck to everyone else whose season is yet to start. I'm heading out Thursday to set up camp, be gone til the following Tuesday.
dick195252

Post by dick195252 »

I Vote For The American Cross Bow Federation We Need All The Help We Can Get And The NRA Doesnt Give A Darn About Cross Bow Hunters. I Do Not Like The Direction The NRA Is Heading And By Some Of The Other Posts On Here I Am Not Alone. :( Good Hunting Have A Great Evening Dick
Kenton

Post by Kenton »

I know National Wild Turkey Federation does alot of work with women, Pheasants Forever really promotes children along with habitat like Ducks Unlimited, and Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation.
"You have reached the pinnacle of success as soon as you become uninterested in money, compliments, and publicity." - Eddie Rickenbacker, World War I pilot
BigTiny

Post by BigTiny »

I stick with the NRA, mainly because I always have, and hunting is still a new thing to me. Safari Club looks pretty good. I joined TRCP (Theodore Roosevelt Conservation Partnership) last year. TRCP is free to join. Sometimes they ask you to contact your rep about an issue they support, but you don't have to if you don't want. There's no pressure to do that or to donate money. You can send them money if you want, but I have yet to recieve a begging email.
raydaughety

Post by raydaughety »

Thanks guys, because I enjoy the sport of crossbow hunting and would love for Tyler to be able to enjoy hunting with one I've chosen the ACF, the NCHS(NC Handicapped Sportsmen INC) and the FCS Plus (Fellowship of Christian Sprortsmans Plus). I wish that I could afford to help more organizations but I think the ones that I've chosen help meet some personal goal that are close to my heart. Thanks again guys for your help. As the old saying goes: It feels better to give than to receive. These were the three easiest checks that I've written.

Thanks to all and God Bless,
God Bless !!!!!!!!!

Ray