New Maryland Bow Record?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

marmot

New Maryland Bow Record?

Post by marmot »

It looks like we may have a new state typical bow record here in Maryland. The 6x6 shown below grossed 185 and netted 180 inches. The lucky hunter, Pat Simpkins, is only eighteen years old. If a deer that size walked up on me, I would have choked; however, Pat held it together, and harvested a buck of a lifetime.

VixChix

Post by VixChix »

:shock: :shock: :shock:

WOW!!!
Vixen, Micro 315, HHA Optimizer, Boo & VixenMaster strings, Munch Mounts, Dr. Stirrup accessories.
bait pile willie

Post by bait pile willie »

notice the blazer vanes
marmot

Post by marmot »

Here's a monster non-typical that was taken south of Washington, D.C. during the firearms season last year. We do not get that many heavy-bodied deer, but large-rack deer do exist in the state. However, these deer are very difficult to harvest due to the amount of pressure that they experience.

afd34744

Post by afd34744 »

Do you know what county Pat took this deer? I sure haven't seen any this size in Carroll.
marmot

Post by marmot »

The buck was harvested in Cecil County.
crazyfarmer

Post by crazyfarmer »

wish season would hurry up here in Va LMAO

Cecil is way up in Md.. I use to drag race at the track there a few years ago
Country

Post by Country »

I've always wanted to do a guided deer hunt but I look at the pictures in the guide brochures and all I see is little, dinky, pencil thin 8 & 10 point racks. If that's the best they can offer then forget it. I pass up ones that look like the ones they show. Va/Md has an abundance of monster bucks. Waldorf, Md., Loudon and Bedford Co, Va are my favorite mecas for big deer. The gene pool is right in the Washington area. Throw in good chow and the right soil chemistry and the potential is there.
marmot

Post by marmot »

They only problem is the congestion and the massive competition for private land. There were 529.1 people per square mile in Maryland during the last census, and 7.6 million people in the D.C. Metro Area--many of whom see no problem with shelling out $2K+ per share for a lease! Additionally, while there are bruisers out there, most of the deer that are harvested fall into the eighteen months old or less category just like the rest of the country.