Hot and Humid

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

raydaughety

Hot and Humid

Post by raydaughety »

Went hunting yesterday afternoon and man was it hot and muggy. I got to my stand and found this kid getting ready to climb my stand so I took his bow and beat his little butt with it :shock: Naw, just kiddin, that be Tyler :lol:

It was so hot and humid we could hardly stand it. We did see a large bear come into the corn but that was it. Maybe it'll cool off a little next week. We've decided not to hunt this morning and go riding on the 4 wheelers.

God Bless and have a good one,
God Bless !!!!!!!!!

Ray
Grizzly Adam

Post by Grizzly Adam »

Yeah, Ray, we do get some hot weather early in the season, don't we? :?

But ya gotta love those 55-60 degree days in late December, huh? :D

Everything's a trade-off!
Grizz
jay73

Post by jay73 »

I hear you lads.

It's warm up here too. (70's) We got a week to go here till the season starts, I hope it cools down some. :?

Jay
Horizontal Hunter

Post by Horizontal Hunter »

Ray,

Same here as well Mid 80's and humid this afternoon. It is supposed to cool off later in the week. Every year I can't wait to get started but its just to darn hot to hunt and enjoy it.

Bob
Vegetarian: vejiˈte(ə)rēən/noun: old Indian word for lousy hunter.
Excalibur Exocet, GT Laser II, 2" Bhoning Blazers 125g NAP Spitfire
DuckHunt

Post by DuckHunt »

Yes. Too hot. I just got back from adding an API shooting rail to my chain-on and moving my 2-person stand about 100 yards farther up a mountain. I was dripping sweat just getting to my hang-on stand and climbing up in it. I bought some new scent lock hunting clothes but its going to have to cool off before I can even wear them hunting. Highs in the 80s is just too much for anything more than a T-shirt. I'm looking forward to days in the 60s, mornings in the high 40s.

The season is looking great. I moved my 100+ pound 2-person ladder stand about 100 yards farther up a steep hill just to where I could see up onto the next ridge. I climbed up in it and cinched down the two turnbuckles. I sat down facing backwards and used my feet for extra leverage to tighten them both. I turned around to check out the view and noticed some limbs in the way. Once I got everything broken back a little I scanned around and noticed movement about 60 yards to my left. Three deer, one a small buck, were feeding up the ridge. 8) As they slipped behind some hickory saplings I was able to make a stealthy downhill getaway. The new spot looks promising.
GREY OWL

Post by GREY OWL »

It was warm here today, but not last week. Got a killer frost, leaves are almost all yellow, red, orange, and starting to fall.

My favorite time of year, come'on baby.

Grey Owl
frydaddy

hot

Post by frydaddy »

:( Yeah it's hot in ga. got to 90 yesterday. (Blows) Frydaddy
wabi

Post by wabi »

Hot & dry here in this part of Ohio. Went camping last night and stayed next to the creek. A few deep holes still have water, but most of it is dry now. The pic shows a stretch that normally has 3-6" of water in it. The water holes have plenty of deer tracks around them, though. If the dry weather keeps up I may re-locate a stand or two to cover the better water holes. :wink:
wabi