Another Ohio deer that took a wrong turn and ended up in MD

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

marmot

Another Ohio deer that took a wrong turn and ended up in MD

Post by marmot »

Here is a mature non-typical that BJ Lyon harvested in St. Mary's County last Monday:

Kenton

Post by Kenton »

Shoot, that thing is too small to be an Ohio deer. :wink:
"You have reached the pinnacle of success as soon as you become uninterested in money, compliments, and publicity." - Eddie Rickenbacker, World War I pilot
Grizzly Adam

Post by Grizzly Adam »

Way too big! :? Why did he shoot that one? He's gonna have to saw those antlers up to even get 'em in a pot ... and then I bet they'll still be tough. :wink: That velvet fuzz will have to be skimmed off the broth, too!
Grizz
crazyfarmer

Post by crazyfarmer »

St Mary's county is about to become the county every hunter on the eastern US is gonna head to :shock: between this, the new state record 180 inch buck, and the 240inch monster last year MD is the new Ohio LOL

I know they like picks of their deer online, but its gonna have a backlash effect on the land they hunt since the price goes up on ever offer. I use to post pics of deer we killed around here untill everyone else away from here saw picks and wanted to offer 3 times the amount to rent the land to hunt

maybe some of those deer will filter down across the river to my farm now LOL :D
wabi

Post by wabi »

If he showed up under my stand here in Ohio I'd shoot him and then claim I was "culling" the runts out of the herd. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Nice buck!!!!!!!!
wabi
marmot

Post by marmot »

crazyfarmer wrote:St Mary's county is about to become the county every hunter on the eastern US is gonna head to :shock: between this, the new state record 180 inch buck, and the 240inch monster last year MD is the new Ohio LOL

I know they like picks of their deer online, but its gonna have a backlash effect on the land they hunt since the price goes up on ever offer. I use to post pics of deer we killed around here untill everyone else away from here saw picks and wanted to offer 3 times the amount to rent the land to hunt

maybe some of those deer will filter down across the river to my farm now LOL :D

<slightlyofftopic>

The bulk of the hunters in U.S. cannot afford to compete with local hunters for leases. Massive deficit spending by the current administration has driven government contractor salaries, real estate, and hunting lease prices up to unsustainable levels (think DOT-COM implosion).

Hopefully, the next president and congress that we elect will understand the meaning of “fiscal conservancy.” I am not holding my breath because both of the major parties have adopted “big government as long as it is my kind of big government” platforms. If this insanity continues, I will not be able to afford to retire in Maryland (members of my family have lived here since the colonial period), and the rest of Virginia will look like the sprawling mess that is NOVA. What happened to all of the “small government” politicians?

</slightlyofftopic>
Last edited by marmot on Mon Sep 24, 2007 7:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Golden Eagle

Post by Golden Eagle »

Nice Buck!!!!!!!!!! :wink: