OK Lets recheck...

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

motuna

OK Lets recheck...

Post by motuna »

With the help of all you fine member's input, I now can read a Topo Map, Erect a stand in the right place, face into the wind, know where to aim from a tree stand, make a mock scrape and piss in it, pour bleach on a stump, use cattail fluff to check the wind, carry an extra battery for my Red Dot, besure to wash my hunting clothes and put them in a sealed bag, use scentless deordrant but use plenty of scent-away, wear my rubber boots, and don't touch anything on my way to the stand. OK I got that all down, NOW I just hope I have some LUCK and have a deer stumble by my stand!
Motuna
BUSHDOG

Post by BUSHDOG »

aint it fun :)
excocet200
groundpounder mount
lumizone
muzzy mx4 100grains
TPM

Post by TPM »

I'm curious, what's with the pouring bleach on a stump????
The most important blood trail leads to the Cross...

Phoenix
HHA Optimizer
Hawke scope
Boo strings
Boo tuned trigger
sumner4991

Post by sumner4991 »

I don't think you will want to piss in that mock scrape yourself . . . :lol:
I'd rather wear out than rust out.
Perception trumps intention.

2006 Exomax w/Agingcrossbower Custom Stock
20" Easton Powerbolts w/125gr Trophy Ridge Stricknines & 2"Blazers
Boo Custom Strings
2006 Vixen
hatchet jack

Post by hatchet jack »

I DONT KNOW ABOUT THE BLEACH ON A STUMP UNLESS IT IS USED AS A COVER SCENT , BUT WHIZZING IN A REAL SCRAPE I HAVE DONE & IT REALLY UPSETS HIM HE WILL BLOW & SNORT LOOKING FOR A FIGHT.

H .J.
they say he is still up there.
motuna

Post by motuna »

Bleach on a stump comes from another site www.aldeer.com and the same for pissing in a scrape go to that site and run a search. Start with hunting forums then serious deer hunting talk and search under Attracting deer with bleach. http://www.aldeer.com/cgi-bin/ultimateb ... 4;t=002021
Farmer

Post by Farmer »

Bleach ? Ammonia and Bleach are to different compounds .
aerostarp

Post by aerostarp »

Farmer is correct - they are totally unrelated compounds. :roll:

Motuna wrote:
Bleach on a stump comes from another site www.aldeer.com and the same for pissing in a scrape go to that site and run a search. Start with hunting forums then serious deer hunting talk and search under Attracting deer with bleach. http://www.aldeer.com/cgi-bin/ultimateb ... 4;t=002021
I read the entire thread and I am still not sure if they are joking or not. Has anyone on here really tried bleach and gotten good results?
:shock:
LV2HNT

Post by LV2HNT »

Doesn't bleach and amonia mixed together make a poisonous gas? I know they arn't mixing them but it sounds very strange to me.
A bad day in the woods is better than a good day anywhere else.
aerostarp

Post by aerostarp »

Often, one looks at a bottle of bleach and wonders, 'Why shouldn't this be mixed with ammonia?' This entry will tell of a few reactions that can occur when bleach and ammonia are mixed in various proportions - the release of chlorine gas is just one of these. In the following sections, the header will be the name of the most dangerous compound produced in the reaction shown. Please, do not try any of this at home.

Household bleach has a chemical formula of NaOCl - that is, one atom each of sodium, oxygen, and chlorine. Its chemical name is sodium hypochlorite. Ammonia has a chemical formula of NH3, that is, one atom of nitrogen and three atoms of hydrogen. When these two compounds are combined, the following reaction takes place:

2(parts)NaOCl + 2NH3 --> 2NaONH3 + Cl2.

Do you see that Cl2 on the right hand side there? This means one part chlorine gas, made up of diatomic (two atom) molecules. It also means that the chlorine gas has been liberated from the bleach, and is quite capable of causing you harm or death when inhaled!

If you know how dangerous chlorine gas is to humans (it was used as a chemical weapon during World War I and later by Nazi Germany in World War II), this will be very apparent.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/h2g2/classic/A795611[/quote]
rutman

Post by rutman »

I think it's a thread created by PETA or some other freak show. Bleach smells like cleaner or soap and no deer or any other animal is gonna go within a mile of it.
I pissed in a scrape early last bow season, he totally wiped it out of his line.
I think it's a scam!
rutman
paradox
graphite goldtip laser II's
wasp 100gr. jakhammer sst expandibles
Love it all!!!!!!!!!
VixChix

Post by VixChix »

I don't know about peeing in scrapes - it's not something I've tried (besides, it's not as easy for women as it is for men :oops: ). However, after making it a point to pee quite a distance from my stands, I noticed that deer were making scrapes out of where I had gone. I'm thinking that perhaps the scent of the urine is a curiousity attractant, since I always eat apples during hunting season and that probably shows up in urine. The scraping might be an attempt to find the source of the smell as opposed to anything territorial.
Vixen, Micro 315, HHA Optimizer, Boo & VixenMaster strings, Munch Mounts, Dr. Stirrup accessories.
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

I learned the bleach/ammonia thing the hard way..
I was scrubbing my garage floor with bleach one day, poured it all over then went at it with a stiff broom.. Then had the great idea of using my ammonia sprayer (always have one in my work truck) and proceeded to spray down the bleach soaked floor..
My breath immediately disappeared, but I still noticed the fine smoke rolling off the floor.. I made it out of my well ventilated garage in enough time to do it on my feet..
Called poison control center right away.. The lady on the phone said "Oh my... Your not supposed to mix bleach and amonia.." I had that part figured out by then though.

In theory the two together would make a fine cleaning solvent, but in real life it sucks, bad.
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
A bowhunter with a passion for shooting firearms.
WMU 91
Boo string