Headache

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

exocet200hunter

Headache

Post by exocet200hunter »

Well everyone check this out, Opening day went out in the morning with my brother-in-law noon came so we decided to head to town and get a bite to eat and return to our stand's for the afternoon.
So, we have our food and decide to go for a little car tour while we eat and just see how many other hunter's are out on opening day in our area, well on our little tour we noticed a beautiful ring-necked pheasant and stop to take a look just to admire wildlife.
Well needless to say the owner of the land come's driving up in her truck as we are pulled over on the side of the road in the car and pull's up beside's me and assume's I am stealing her pumpkin's " there was a pumpkin patch to my right".
What a HEADACHE not only does she ask if she could look into my trunk " wich I let her do" but she also called the MNR on me - I thought I had the right to pull over on the side of the road -guess not.
Needless to say the MNR officer had a good laugh, but I just could not believe the nerve this lady had, I can see maybe if I was on her property or didn't have my weapon " crossbow" in cassed, but we were just on a drive watching this pheasant and she called the MNR.
My moral of the story is - don't stop to talk to stranger's and don't roll your window down to say hi.
TYE

Post by TYE »

:lol: Some people are morons eh.
sumner4991

Post by sumner4991 »

Wrong . . .moral of the story is . . .pack your lunch, go to your stand before first light and stay in your stand until it's dark, again. :wink:

She has obviously been robbed before. Until you have been in her shoes, then cut her some slack. I hope she actually catches the thief.
I'd rather wear out than rust out.
Perception trumps intention.

2006 Exomax w/Agingcrossbower Custom Stock
20" Easton Powerbolts w/125gr Trophy Ridge Stricknines & 2"Blazers
Boo Custom Strings
2006 Vixen
exocet200hunter

Post by exocet200hunter »

I did cut her some slack, I let her check my trunk and everything i could of been a d**** and just told her to go screw her self but no I let her check thing's out and told her what we were doing. Now, I can see that if I was on her properiety or if I had some pumpkins in my car that would be a reason to call the cop's or whatever but I was nice to her never made any kind od rude slur's and was a Nice Guy.
Ok so if she was having a problem with people stealing her precious pumpkin's -do something about it but don't accuse me and call the MNR if someone is parked on the side of the road.
I was at the wrong place at the wrong time I guess, So SUMNER4991 if you were going out hunting and on the way there you blew a tire and pulled off to the side of the road it would be alright for someone to call the MNR on you cause they thought you were stealing something of there's ??? After you told them what you were doing ??? - Come on now, I think this lady need's some nerve pill's -she think's everyone is out to get her.
sumner4991

Post by sumner4991 »

Don't get your bow strings in a knot. I'm just saying she may have issues due to being robbed. People that have been robbed tend to act and react differently.

I also think you did the right thing. Now maybe she will act differently before accusing someone else.
I'd rather wear out than rust out.
Perception trumps intention.

2006 Exomax w/Agingcrossbower Custom Stock
20" Easton Powerbolts w/125gr Trophy Ridge Stricknines & 2"Blazers
Boo Custom Strings
2006 Vixen
Grizzly Adam

Post by Grizzly Adam »

So ... do ya'll have a big problem with "punkin" thieves :shock: up there? :D

Don't sweat it. You did the right thing. Your good example may change her bad attitude for the better. You never go wrong by being decent.
Grizz
Sopchoppy

headache

Post by Sopchoppy »

I'm not telling you what to do, but the lady needs prayer. She is missing something in her life to have that kind of distrust and attitude. I found the key to peace in life and it is faith in Jesus. You won't get over this until you forgive her. Pray for her and you both will be better.
Farmer

Post by Farmer »

Exocet take it with a grain of salt, the lady probably had some trouble with some idiots and now paints everyone with the same brush . ( I could write a small book on the things that happen around my farm by some of the people . )
dick195252

Post by dick195252 »

You Acted With Class!!! I Was Taught To NOT Let Other People Bring Me DOWN To There Level!!! You Set A GREAT Example Keep It Up. Have A Great Day