My Exocet took a swan dive..............

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

ecoaster

My Exocet took a swan dive..............

Post by ecoaster »

............out of my climber tonight :oops: . I was packing up to climb down the tree, took the bolt out and set my bow on the edge of my stand to put the bolt in the quiver. My camera case was on my hip and brushed the bow sending it 20ft to the ground :x . There was lots of grass and brush, so the landing sounded okay. Everything looks good, but I will have to make sure the scope is still on. Guess I'll be packing the PSE Nova in the morning. I don't want to chance a poor shot on a monster 12pt :lol: .

20ft tumble while still cocked, and no dry fire, that's a good safety :wink: .
I hunt for memories, the meat's a bonus!
GREYWOLF

Post by GREYWOLF »

:shock: I did that 2 years ago with the same great results , no one builds a better, safer stronger crossbow, thank's Bill T. I now have a 3 ft. saftey line I clip on the sling just in case I get clutsey again :lol: now if I can just keep my cocker in the stand :lol:
1 CUSTOM EXOMAX
1 CUSTOM EXOCET 200
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v651/greywolf1/Copyofexcalibur037-1.jpg[/img]
Normous

Post by Normous »

GREYWOLF wrote::shock: I did that 2 years ago with the same great results , no one builds a better, safer stronger crossbow, thank's Bill T. I now have a 3 ft. saftey line I clip on the sling just in case I get clutsey again :lol: now if I can just keep my cocker in the stand :lol:
Three foot safety line....same here, just in case.
Good advice for everyone.
Norm
Last edited by Normous on Thu Oct 04, 2007 1:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
XbowMisiu

Post by XbowMisiu »

WOW 20'... I hope you bow is OK.
On early morning hunts I have a tendency to kind of drift a sleep when there is no action for a while. I was thinking of having a piece of safety rope on my xbow... Good advice guys - thanks... I am getting one.
Darz Bór!
Farmer

Post by Farmer »

Man that would really bite .
Grizzly Adam

Post by Grizzly Adam »

Another reason Grizzly hunts from the ground! :D

Just glad it was the crossbow instead of you!
Grizz
ecoaster

Post by ecoaster »

Well all is good. Took the Exocet out yesterday afternoon. Set my bag target at 30yards and fired a bolt. Bullseye! Fired another and almost shaved a vane off the first bolt :D . Remarkable piece of equipment for sure. Now if I could just see some deer, it could do what it does best, a complete pass through :wink: .
I hunt for memories, the meat's a bonus!
wabi

Post by wabi »

Glad to hear it wasn't damaged. I guess we all make mistakes and Bill T. builds crossbows to survive most of them (thankfully).
wabi