camras

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

hikerman

camras

Post by hikerman »

I see alot of realy nice photos on this forum. I am looking to buy a DSL camra for my wife so she take photos of the kids but I would like to use it when I go hunting or hiking. I am leaning towords a Nikon 40DX.
Any recomendations would be great.
Thanks.
Exocet 175#
Easton, 2216
2"vanes
G5 Montech 125g.
Boo String.
WalknTall

Post by WalknTall »

Send a msg to RJ.......he would know just what to tell you.

W
"Talk low, talk slow and don't talk too much", John Wayne
Z24pride

Camera SLR

Post by Z24pride »

PM Sent!!
sumner4991

Post by sumner4991 »

The best all around camera I have used recently is the Cannon Powershot cameras. They take great pictures and for the money, they just can't be beat. I have the lastest one they have out and it's a great point and shoot camera. The point and shoot cameras are the easiest for taking all types of pictures of the kids. The Powershot series makes it easy and fun.

I just didn't want to invest a ton of money on the camera, then have to buy several lenses to get the shots I wanted to take . . .still shots, sports shots and the Cannon Powershot takes a great video clip too. I don't even bother taking the video camera along anymore.

Anyway, for quick family photos. . .it's a great all around camera. Check it out.
I'd rather wear out than rust out.
Perception trumps intention.

2006 Exomax w/Agingcrossbower Custom Stock
20" Easton Powerbolts w/125gr Trophy Ridge Stricknines & 2"Blazers
Boo Custom Strings
2006 Vixen
Grizzly Adam

Post by Grizzly Adam »

The best one to get is the one that you'll actually have with you when you need it!

It's like I say about handguns: The useful arm is the one that you keep on you!

Everything else will necessarily be a comromise, unless you just want to go out especially for pictures. Otherwise, something that will take a decent picture but fit nicely in pack or pocket would be in order.

We have a really nice Kodak with a 5X Optical and 10X Digital Zoom ... but it's too bulky for easy carry. I wish I had something smaller lots of times!
Grizz
VixChix

Post by VixChix »

I used to carry my old 3.2 mpx Kodak digital into the woods, but recently my antique cell phone died and I had to buy a new one. Even the cheapest one on the plan had a camera so that's all I'll carry now for hunting. When I'm out taking photos I used an older Nikon 7.1 mpx - more than enough for what I do mostly!

Having said all of that, I can't believe all the stuff that my old Kodak has been through - it's been dropped numerous times, been carried in pouring rain, stuffed in a jacket for ski trips, dumped in the bottom of a backpack for many days in the woods... it's seen a lot of abuse and still works very well. The Nikon I use now was a gift, but I think I'd choose another Kodak or a Canon given the choice.
Vixen, Micro 315, HHA Optimizer, Boo & VixenMaster strings, Munch Mounts, Dr. Stirrup accessories.
TNhunterKMC

Post by TNhunterKMC »

If you don't go with an SLR - check very very seriously into the Canon Powershot G9. I've read good reviews about it and many high-end semi-pro photographers seem to talk very highly of its capabilities. If you're going SLR - check out the Canon Xti. One thing for sure - stay with Nikon or Canon.
chris4570

Post by chris4570 »

I have and would recommend the Canon Powershot S3. 12x optical zoom, macro and super macro function, many settings where the user can choose how to shoot the picture.

I have posted some pics on the forum so you can look at what type of quality images you can get.
You can take the man out of the woods but you can't take the woods out of the man.

"Celebrate your harvest with a Bloodtrail Ale(tm)!!"
"It CAN Be Done!"
hikerman

Post by hikerman »

Some great information!
Thanks!
Exocet 175#
Easton, 2216
2"vanes
G5 Montech 125g.
Boo String.