Opening day tomorrow(hot/humid)

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

crazyfarmer

Opening day tomorrow(hot/humid)

Post by crazyfarmer »

it figures that on opening day for us temps will be in the upper 80's and HUMID out. I doubt we have much luck here other than seeing a few doe. But no matter what, im getting up a tree and getting back into the outdoors once again for another year;)

monday-wednesday temps are going to be in the 90's here :roll:
Grizzly Adam

Post by Grizzly Adam »

Tell me 'bout it, Crazy! :roll:

When's fall gonna get here?

I'm ready for frost! :D
Grizz
Golden Eagle

Post by Golden Eagle »

Good Luck. I am going too, but its way to hot. But I have to hunt when time permits.
VixChix

Post by VixChix »

It's brutally hot here too. UGH! Husband and I were looking forward to hunting this weekend, but have decided that the deer will stay fresher on the hoof. It's supposed to be close to 30 deg. C here. :? The temps are supposed to be somewhat more seasonal by Tuesday - I can't wait!
Vixen, Micro 315, HHA Optimizer, Boo & VixenMaster strings, Munch Mounts, Dr. Stirrup accessories.
Esox

Post by Esox »

Been that hot around here too.... Man, this has been some year... Columbus Day is Monday and they're saying that's going to be hotter than this years Fourth of July... Well up inot the mid 80's... When will October weather come in?....Right now the flies are really out pretty bad too. They're all over anything that hits the ground... Better get that deer cleaned and in a cooler as soon as possible, and don't even think about leaving one over night....Yuck!..

Good Luck ... The season's open.....
DuckHunt

Post by DuckHunt »

Same here in Northern VA. It is supposed to get to low 90's here. I just came back from a late evening recon (drive) and saw quite a few deer in fields and pastures a full half hour before dark. It may be hot and humid, but the deer are definitely out and moving in the late afternoon. I'm not sure about the morning but I'll be able to answer that in less than 12 hours. :)

Good luck to all the Virginia hunters tomorrow. Be safe.

DuckHunt
tracer

Post by tracer »

Good luck Farmer, I've been sweating my b** off all week up here in (75-85F) Ontario and have not seen any deer on stand. They have changed their travel patterns, feeding on winter wheat green sprouts and close to a water source. Cooler weather predicted for Tuesday 65F. Hope the cooler temps blow down your way.
Authorized Dealer for SPYPOINT, SPARTAN, BADLANDS GEAR, KLYMIT, FENIX,
whitetailscrossing.com
deerman

Post by deerman »

Hot is the word! Wow, dont think I will go out due to the fact that I dont want to educate the deer any more than they are with the sweat that I will work up going up the tree. It was so hot here today that just standing in shorts and t-shirt I was all wet. Cooler weather is on the way, so I guess I will hold off til then when the deer will also be moving more.
Constitution states "That all power is inheret in the people:that ...it is their right & duty to be at all times armed"...Thomas Jefferson 1824.
danbo

Post by danbo »

It may be hot tomorrow - but by 6:15am, I for one will be in my tree stand overlooking a half an acre of planted peas. Deer are really working on them. It was so hot and dry this summer, the peas did not bloom, so no pea pods, but most the leaves are gone - just a couple left on each plant near the ground. I have not seen any deer eating them, so believe they are feasting at night - but just in case, i will be in my stand by 6:15 to about 10:30, and again from 5pm till dark. Rut has not started yet, and three bucks in the area are running together still. One is a nice 8pt, a 6pt and a small 4pt. Hopefully, the 8pt will decide to eat early or late tomorrow. This will be my first time hunting with a crossbow, so wish me luck!!!!! :D
raydaughety

Post by raydaughety »

Camo shorts and tee shirt. That's what I'm wearing in the box blind in the morning with my smokepole. Probably need to bring the cooler as well :shock: . We had a good little shower this afternoon and they're predicting showers again in the a.m. That should put them on the move. We have a walk in cooler at the club that I hope to put a deer in. As hot as it's been, I may have to sit in the cooler :wink:.

Be careful and God Bless,
God Bless !!!!!!!!!

Ray
sumner4991

Post by sumner4991 »

Crazy . . .I'm headed to those Virginia mountains for some heat relief next Wednesday. According to Yahoo Weather, the lows will be in the upper 40's . . .that will be nice compared to our 70 degree mornings here in Georgia. If it stays hot on your end, you might want to consider joining me in Independence, Va.

Chase them to the South-West for me. :D
I'd rather wear out than rust out.
Perception trumps intention.

2006 Exomax w/Agingcrossbower Custom Stock
20" Easton Powerbolts w/125gr Trophy Ridge Stricknines & 2"Blazers
Boo Custom Strings
2006 Vixen
ecoaster

Post by ecoaster »

I hear ya. I've been hunting all week in 25C heat (not sure what that is in F, but it's too hot!). All I've seen is two does and two fawns. Busted a few other deer walking into the stand in the morning. My plan of attack is to hunt watering holes for the next few days. Everything here is as dry as a bone.

I left -15deg C weather last week to come home to +25deg C. It's got to trickle down from the north sooner or later.
I hunt for memories, the meat's a bonus!
vapredhunter

Post by vapredhunter »

But we are not having global warming this is just a weather trend :shock:
[img]http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f69/vapredhunter/Hunting/yoterun.gif[/img]
DoDFire

Post by DoDFire »

It's hotter than balls,,,,,,
Huntsman, rest! thy chase is done
crazyfarmer

Post by crazyfarmer »

its even worse today.. 93 degrees here now :roll:

I did see plenty deer saturday though.. Saw 3 doe during the morning hunt and the afternoon hunt was alot better. Had the same 3 doe I believe come right under my stand and actaully sniff the treesteps LMAO. I dunno how, but they never winded me but they knew something was there. Shortly afterwards I had a semi decent 6pt walk under around 20 yards but he was only a 1.5 year old. By then it was getting dark and I climbed down and walked up to the field edge and was shocked to see a really nice 8pt and another 6pt under the stand I had hunted that morning. The 8 was a shooter but he isnt the one I'm after....

I wasnt expecting to see any deer moving do the the heat but they were up and about! Ive got baby duty today so I think im going to take my 6 year old daughter up in the double seat stand and see what happens. Hopefully I can get her up and close to some doe atleast...

But day 1.. plenty deer and some decent bucks.. no shooters close enough and its to hot to even think about taking a DOE lol :lol: