Crank cocker

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Fred

Crank cocker

Post by Fred »

Was considering an Equinox but I E-mailed Excaliber trying to find out what the mechanical advantage was on the crank cocker if any no sense buying a bow I can't cock but it seems they answer their E Mail about like Parker once week maybe
Grizzly Adam

Post by Grizzly Adam »

Why don't you try sending Bill T. and the Excal Marketing Dude a PM?

They've always responded quickly when I contacted them. :D
Grizz
Doe Master
Site Admin

Post by Doe Master »

Fred if you sent the e-mail today it will be answered probably on tuesday when they go back to work .Today is thanksgiving in canada .
kitty kat

Post by kitty kat »

Hi Fred. I purchased a krankaroo for my bow last year. I can't tell you the exact amout of effort that it takes but it isn't very much. You can always stop half way through the cocking opperation and take a rest and start again. The crank system is also nice for decocking the bow. With the crank my grandaughter will be able to use the bow. Good luck.
Excalibur Exomax and Arctic Cat 400 auto. Life don't get much better than that.
Masterhunter

Post by Masterhunter »

I ordered one myself and can't wait to get it. I "misplaced" my rope cocker so when I went hunting yesterday had to use the arms and whoa boy. I hurt my shoulder so decided to get the best for the job as I'm not getting any younger.
awshucks

Post by awshucks »

Gotta disagree w/ using the Crankaroo to uncock an xbow, that's an accident waiting to happen. Even if you need a Crankaroo to cock it, a rope cocker is a much better choice to uncock, takes alot less effort than you will believe w/o trying it.
"Eze 18:21"
the elf

Post by the elf »

Where is that harsh sound coming from----that you guys are getting?--I use the cocking aid to uncock my exocet 200----and no extra harsh noise-----I keep pulling up on cocking rope as I am pulling the trigger----very little noise. I don`t understand.---------Elf. :?: :?:
kitty kat

Post by kitty kat »

Thanks Elf for your comment.I have used the crankeroo for decocking. Yes I will admit it is another thing that could cause injury if not using care. Going hunting on the wifes birthday or anniversary will give you a lot more pain. With every thing there is a chance of problems.Hunt hard play safe.
Excalibur Exomax and Arctic Cat 400 auto. Life don't get much better than that.
the elf

Post by the elf »

Clarification--------I use the regular two handled cocking aid to cock--and uncock----------I Do not use the CRANKEROO to uncock. Elf.
brokebow

Post by brokebow »

I have just bought a new Vortex 200 and I am going to by a crank,I am disabled( back problems)I can cock the bow,setting down, but if I have a lot of clothes on,I think it would be easier.
Jerry