Best deal on gold tip ?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

tatman1315

Best deal on gold tip ?

Post by tatman1315 »

Was wondering who has the best deal on Gold tip bolts in the Us(trying to keep the cost down) thanks
TYE

Re: Best deal on gold tip ?

Post by TYE »

tatman1315 wrote:Was wondering who has the best deal on Gold tip bolts in the Us(trying to keep the cost down) thanks
Don't waste your money on Gold Tips...
ONLY8PTS

Post by ONLY8PTS »

So far I have found that the www.bowhunterssuperstore.com has a good price by the dozen.Maybe someone else knows of a better price.
ALWAYS GIVE THANKS FOR YOUR BOUNTY.
REMEMER, AIM SMALL.....MISS SMALL.
VORTEX,WITH RIGHT STUFF PKG.
Grizzly Adam

Post by Grizzly Adam »

It's usually hard to beat Bow Hunter's Superstore.
Grizz
ONLY8PTS

Re: Best deal on gold tip ?

Post by ONLY8PTS »

Don't waste your money on Gold Tips...[/quote] tye says

Just one mans opinion.
TYE

Post by TYE »

Well, I have 6 of the Gold Tips with aluminum front inserts, and with broadheads they shoot like crap. With field points on them they shoot awesome.

I wouldn't recommend Gold Tips, unless maybe you get the ones with the brass front inserts, then they should be alright.

I may try mechanical broadheads on my Gold Tips and see if that helps any, but I won't try that until next year maybe.
ONLY8PTS

Post by ONLY8PTS »

tye, which broadheads did you use with the GT'S? And it sounds like your only guessing about the brass inserts.How about some more info,personal experiences.
Shakky

Post by Shakky »

I used GoldTips for years and had no problems with them. Then I started to notice that there were some quality control problems. The last 6 pack I bought there was as much as a 30gr difference between arrows. I now use the Firebolts and they are with in 2 gr. To each their own. Do a search on th GT's and you will find that more then one member has had problems.
TYE

Post by TYE »

ONLY8PTS wrote:tye, which broadheads did you use with the GT'S? And it sounds like your only guessing about the brass inserts.How about some more info,personal experiences.
I have shot 100gr WASP BOSS, 100gr NAP Thunderhead, and 125gr WASP Hammer broadheads with the Gold Tips.

I've never tried the Gold Tips with the brass front inserts.

I've been sticking to Beman Thunderbolts. Everything I put on those shoot great.
GaryL

Post by GaryL »

Shakky wrote:I used GoldTips for years and had no problems with them. Then I started to notice that there were some quality control problems. The last 6 pack I bought there was as much as a 30gr difference between arrows. I now use the Firebolts and they are with in 2 gr. To each their own. Do a search on th GT's and you will find that more then one member has had problems.
Pay mind to this quote tatman1315, as of last year quality control has been a problem, however they may have it fixed by now!!!
Always learning!!
Home fer now!
aerostarp

Post by aerostarp »

GaryL wrote:
Pay mind to this quote tatman1315, as of last year quality control has been a problem, however they may have it fixed by now!!!
Not from my recent experience (3 weeks ago.) There was a 20 grain weight varience among 12 bolts. Every single brass insert came loose - most after 1 shot. The aluminum flat nocks did likewise. The brass shoots better than the aluminum but still had 4 out of 12 that were real flyers.

Will try Beman Thunderbolts or Easton Firebolts next. The GT L2s were a waste of money no matter how cheap.

Wayne
TYE

Post by TYE »

aerostarp wrote:Will try Beman Thunderbolts or Easton Firebolts next. The GT L2s were a waste of money no matter how cheap.

Wayne
I haven't had a single problem with Beman Thunderbolts and they've shot accurate no matter what head I put on them.

I'd recommend them in a split second!
tatman1315

Post by tatman1315 »

Thanks guys I do some research,The Gt that I have are the original one when I got my Exocet 3 years ago.
Stosh

Post by Stosh »

Someone has bolts for sale in the trading post. Mixed some alum and some carbon. I think its a good price too. I use gt but they are not very good, Got mine last yeat out of 12 I had 5 that were so bad I had to send them back. I am going to buy some eastons as soon as I need more.

Hope this helps, Stosh
ONLY8PTS

Post by ONLY8PTS »

I have a question for you more experienced guys.I am new to crossbows and reading about the problems about the GT'S got me to thinking about how often the colors of the vanes are changed during the manufacturing of the bolts.With my Excalibur kit I got blue, white,and yellow vanes.Then I ordered 6 more and they were black,brown,and orange,and they shoot well out to 40yds.I decided to use those at the range,and the blue,white,and yellow for hunting because they would be easier to see when looking for them after the shot.So you guys with the disappointment in the GT bolts,what color are the vanes? And do you think the color would be indicative of a particular batch of bolts.
For now I'm going to hunt with the ones I have shot untill I can get to the range and test the other six.