My Dad is gone

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

M&M

Post by M&M »

sorry for your loss. it sounds like you have some great memories to hold in your heart and some traditions to pass on. you and your family are in my prayers. M&M
Polecat

Post by Polecat »

So sorry for your lost.
[img]http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z123/Polecat_2007/Jesus_the_Shepherd012.jpg[/img]
GOD IS THE GOOD SHEPHERD HE KNOWS THOSE
WHO KNOW HIM
Alaspan

Post by Alaspan »

I lost my father unexpectedly in June 2006, and last year was first year hunting without him...he taught me everything... it was a very different and difficult season. I always kept looking, expecting to see him coming down the hills in his orange jacket. I know he is still with me, and your father will be too. Looking over your shoulder and giving you the strength and courage he no doubt had. Take comfort in your faith, and I know you will think of him often in the stillness of the hunt. He will be there for you. He is in a better place now, and he will watch over you.

Take care and my prayers are with you and your family.
diesel

Post by diesel »

I'm so so sorry to hear of your loss. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.
chris4570

Post by chris4570 »

Sorry to hear about your father. Sad. May his spirit live on inside you.
You can take the man out of the woods but you can't take the woods out of the man.

"Celebrate your harvest with a Bloodtrail Ale(tm)!!"
"It CAN Be Done!"
sumner4991

Post by sumner4991 »

You were blessed to have such a great Father. May God be with you.
I'd rather wear out than rust out.
Perception trumps intention.

2006 Exomax w/Agingcrossbower Custom Stock
20" Easton Powerbolts w/125gr Trophy Ridge Stricknines & 2"Blazers
Boo Custom Strings
2006 Vixen
Kuffs

Post by Kuffs »

Deepest sympathies. Sounds like a wonderful family!
Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes!

Excal Micro 335
brokebow

Post by brokebow »

You have my deepest sympathy. My father died 27years ago and I still miss the fun that we had hunting,fishing and trapping, together, I still go to some of the places that we hunted . You lost a father and a good friend.he will allways be in your heart.
Jerry
Brainiac

Post by Brainiac »

Sorry about that. At lest the pain can't get him any more.
LV2HNT

Post by LV2HNT »

Sorry for your loss, You are in my prayers.
A bad day in the woods is better than a good day anywhere else.
mikew

Post by mikew »

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family in this difficult time.
frydaddy

Going home

Post by frydaddy »

:cry: Iam so sorry for lose. Losing your dad will not be easy. :cry: But maybe this will help. The Bible tells us that Heaven is a happy and joyful place no pain, no sorrow. I am shore your dad will love it. Again i am very sorry. Gary Frye :cry:
BOB VANDRISH

Post by BOB VANDRISH »

Sorry to hear about your loss.
My Dad passed away nearly 14 years ago,and all the things he taught me and what we shared together always keep him in my mind on many occasions.
Bob Vandrish.
Long Trang

Re: My Dad is gone

Post by Long Trang »

VixChix wrote:I haven't been out hunting yet this year is because me Dad was losing his battle with cancer and I've been spending extra time with my parents. Dad got his wish to stay at home until the end. Early this morning he went to be with his Lord. We're grateful that he didn't have much pain and that he died so peacefully.

Dad always treated me the same as my brothers. He taught me to fish, taught me to change a tire before he taught me to drive, he taught me right from wrong, and he led by example. He took every opportunity to point out the beauty of creation that surrounded us, and he taught us to thank God for it. He had a wonderful sense of humour and we laughed together often. He left me with a life time of precious memories.... I have been blessed!

I look forward to being alone in a blind soon, spending time thinking about how my Dad's influence led me into the fields and forests that I love so much. :D
Indeed, sorry to hear of your loss. While I dont know you personally, we are all friends in the sporting field. Solitude can help bring closure sometimes and I hope you get to use that blind....
Hi5

Post by Hi5 »

I'm sorry to hear of your loss. I realize that our expressions of sympathy will give small comfort, but it's the best we can do.....
"Gun Control Laws"--trying to nag criminals into submission.