bow quiver alternatives

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

taxman

bow quiver alternatives

Post by taxman »

has anybody ever tried a catquiver for xbow bolts? this is year 3 for me and xbowhunting. i just dont like excals quiver system. right now i have a groundpunder mount on my exocet. i do like the way it balances i just dont like the way it loads w/the mount over the rail. the last 2 years i just had a hip quiver that i put into my backpack. it was ok but not that fast in retreiving a second bolt. i just ordered another catquiver--i use it for my vertical bowhunting(which i do around 50% of the time).
another thing--my arrows wont stay locked in the excal quiver. they come loose way too easy. i use gold tips or xx75's. they never stay in one place-which-i believe, cost me a deer on friday evening(another story)
the elf

Catquiver use ?

Post by the elf »

Hi ---I don`t use a cat quiver but I use a side stalker [stealth]--as I don`t like anything attached to my bow.With the bolts[20 inch] with broadheads in the quiver--the back end of bolt is almost even with the back of quiver--so no matter what colour you fletchings are----they are not waving in the breeze.Arrow removal is quite fast.I also use this quiver with my traditional bows.hope this helps.-----Elf.
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

I do use a Bow quiver but not on CB. I have a strap and sling it over shoulder til i get to tree stand. Then i hang it right by my hand on side of stand. Its there & quick n easy to get another arrow out.
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
wabi

Post by wabi »

Neet makes a quiver for crossbow arrows.
http://www.bowhunterssuperstore.com/pro ... ts_id=5812
wabi
Boo

Post by Boo »

wabi wrote:Neet makes a quiver for crossbow arrows.
http://www.bowhunterssuperstore.com/pro ... ts_id=5812
That's what I use. I also (no laughing) tie the broadhead end of my crossbow quiver to my belt behind me and let it hang behind me, works like a charm!
Some people just like stepping on rakes
Digger

Post by Digger »

I use a Vista belt and quiver. It is quiet and comfortable and easy to use. I've used this set up the last 4 seasons.

Digger
2008 Y25 Relayer #593 Boo string, lumizone
2-1984 Relayer,
2-1992 Wolverine
Excal Phoenix, acudraw, VARizone
T.P. Titan TL4, acudraw 50, Varizone
Vixen, Steddy Eddy, Varizone
Martin Rage
Martin Jaguar
PSE Infinity
groundpounder

Post by groundpounder »

I've heard others complain about bolts falling out of their excal quiver but I believe that was with the older single gripper quiver. The newer excal quiver that I have has two grippers for each bolt and I never have any trouble with mine and I do alot of groundpounding :lol:
Why ride when you can walk!
ddwade

Post by ddwade »

Yes, I have modfied at Catquiver I to accpet my crossbow arrows. Works great but I'm currently using groundpounders mount and the Excal quiver which is awesome. I always remove my quiver once on stand.

Take care.
DWinVA