Forty Yard Shot Frame by Frame

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

hotburn

Forty Yard Shot Frame by Frame

Post by hotburn »

Well I did some more shooting at the mother in-laws today and wanted to post a forty yard shot for you guys play by play so to speak. My editing software can do 60 frames per second, but I can only save it in 30 frames per second. Well at forty yards it takes a Vortex 15 frames at 30 frames per second to get from CB to target. Here is the 15 frames for any of you guys who may be interested. I can not post the video version of this because by the time I compress it for You Tube it does not look good enough to see. So here is the 15 frames saved in JPEG for you. Some look pretty distorted, but remember this is all in half of a second. You can see the arrow blur by in the first couple pics, and then see it real good in the last four or five. And all you math guys it is simple, takes my Vortex half a second for my arrow to get to target, thats a lot for a deer, gold metals are won in the 100ths. Then do the math and that gives my average arrow a speed of 240 FPS at forty yards, (r=d/t). I think that is some cool info to have. Enjoy the pics.

GaryL

Post by GaryL »

Neat try, I myself could only make out the arrow in the last four frames.

Still very interesting!!
Always learning!!
Home fer now!
raydaughety

Post by raydaughety »

Me to.
God Bless !!!!!!!!!

Ray
LV2HNT

Post by LV2HNT »

I think it would have worked better if there was a darker backround or if you used one of those luminocks.
A bad day in the woods is better than a good day anywhere else.
ecoaster

Post by ecoaster »

Was the camera mounted on your bow?
I hunt for memories, the meat's a bonus!
hotburn

Post by hotburn »

ecoaster wrote:Was the camera mounted on your bow?
Yes it was. I used a Range Finder mount for it. At the bottom of post I will put a pic of it. Sorry the pics are kinda hard to see. I think in the fourth pic down you can see the vanes some what they are neon yellow and they stand out toward the top of screen, but it is moving so fast, plus the distortion from the shot blurs the camera. I mainly liked showing it from a math stand point also using the camera as a crono sorta and giving me a time to get to target and calculating average arrow speed.