STUPID AZZ ARCHERY SHOP OWNER

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

DoDFire

STUPID AZZ ARCHERY SHOP OWNER

Post by DoDFire »

I went to a "local" Archery Shop today to purchase 2216's, The shop caters more to Vertical boys but does sell 10point Xbows and Easton 2219 shafts @ 22''.. I asked the owner if he had any 2216's in the back and he said they don't make them because they didn't have components for a 2216 (now I'm thinking WTF) and that a 2216 was not safe to shoot out of a crossbow,,, I asked him if he could make some and he said NO,,, He started in with some shiz-nit about the cable Xbows and 75 pound bows and BLA,BLA,BLA,,,, The Wife started in on him and she gave him her opinion :twisted: (he is a real SMART AZZ) ,, anyways he told me that if I didn't believe "HIS" story about the 2216's to call Xcal and find out for myself.. as well as telling me if that's what I wanna shoot then Good Luck"... He is STUPID as SHEET,,, I will never be back in his door just because of his ATTITUDE,, Besides Bass Pro is just up the interstate and the little one loves to go up and see the fish,,,,And By the Way I know they have the 2216's with Xcals name on the box,,,,,,
Huntsman, rest! thy chase is done
ecoaster

Post by ecoaster »

Someone should tell excalibur too, because they also produce 2216 bolts for their bows. Guess the maker of the world's best crossbow is wrong too :roll: :roll: :roll: .

Don't waste your money there. Better off ordering from somewhere else. Some fellas on here make bolts or could sell you the components to make your own.
I hunt for memories, the meat's a bonus!
DoDFire

Post by DoDFire »

This guy is a Prick,,,,, He tries to make one look stupid, because of his Ignorance,,,, I gar-on-tee I won't be back in "SPORTSMAN CHOICE" HE can kiss my arse,,,,,, Better catch up with the times or he will be selling stones to cavemen,,,,,
Last edited by DoDFire on Wed Oct 17, 2007 1:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
DoDFire

Post by DoDFire »

[quote="ecoaster"]Someone should tell excalibur too, because they also produce 2216 bolts for their bows. Guess the maker of the world's best crossbow is wrong too :roll: :roll: :roll: .

That's what I explained to the Wife,,,,,, It was funny how she doesn't know much about Archery but his ATTITUDE still pizzed her off.. :shock:
Brainiac

Post by Brainiac »

About good as the one i got one "I just work here" :roll:
wabi

Post by wabi »

As long as it's a 22 series shaft and total weight is 350 grains or more, it will shoot out of the Excalibur.
I use 2215s in my Phoenix. A little over minimum weight but a lot more durable (and quieter) then 2213s (which will also work fine).
wabi
Cossack

Post by Cossack »

Some folks cover their ignorance with indignation when their bluff is called. The local shop knows absolutely nothing about X bows. I bought the first one he got in and have boned up on what makes them work, to include making my own strings and bolts. I've had to show him how to recock a Parker when it's not cocked with enough force to activate the anti fire device so it's cocked but won't fire. I even found one of his X bows with the red dot scope on BACKWARDS. The supplies he has are marginal. Had to stop telling him about products I get on line because it leeks him off that I don't buy his limited crap. He will special order but the price is 4 times what I pay on line. And he doesn't service X bows, just sells them. With help like that I no longer feel bad about not supporting him.
frydaddy

PRO Shop

Post by frydaddy »

:oops: Being an archery shop owner would like to say sorry. But i also would like to say in the archery bussiness that the term (Pro) Shop is not always want you get. Sometimes it is very far from Pro. :oops:
pokynojoe

Post by pokynojoe »

DoDFire
Don't feel too bad, 'ole H.A. has been alienating members of the archery community in East Tennessee for over 40 years. I suspect he was out of 2216's and was gonna try his darndest to make a sale. Your not the first, and you won't be the last. Funny how he's been able to stay in business for all these years.

Crossbows have been legal for the general populus to hunt with in Tenn. for a relatively short time. Most shops view them as a side item or a curiousity. Given time, that will change. Just like everything else new that comes along. This too, shall pass.

Regards
Joe
DoDFire

Post by DoDFire »

Ya know I have known him for a long time and I shot at the range in 3D shoots, and as far back as I can remember he has been this way,,,,,,

:roll:

Shouldn't have gone in there I knew better :lol:
widowman

Post by widowman »

Go buy a fletcher and make your own.

I am sure that the guy would have charged some crazy amount anyway.

Making bolts is so easy, as well as rewarding.

I think I was getting a dozen bare shafts for around $35. A few more bucks for vanes/feathers and some glue. You can easily build a dozen for under $50.

Another reason that building crossbow bolts is more economical, when compared to vertical bows arrows, you dont need an arrow saw as the bolts come the needed length.

Just out of curiosity, what was has charging? Or what do you normally pay?
widowman

Post by widowman »

oopps