Replacement rope??

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

widowman

Replacement rope??

Post by widowman »

Is there are replacement rope for the excalibur cocking aid?

If not what type of rope do I need to replace it with?

Thanks.
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

I was just getting some ready for someone else, I have lots, shoot me your address by PM and I will send you some. :D
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
A bowhunter with a passion for shooting firearms.
WMU 91
Boo string
BOB VANDRISH

Post by BOB VANDRISH »

3/16" double braided nylon rope will work in a pinch.
I am not sure what spec Excalibur use,but it seems to be a bit stiffer than the conventional double braided that you can buy at a Home Depot or Lowe's.
I had to get a new one too recently,and intend to use the double braided in the future.
Just may have to replace it more often.
There is a double braided diamond rope out there too that is stronger,but I have not personally tried it.
Bob Vandrish.
Cossack

Post by Cossack »

The double braded parachute cord one can buy from places like Cheaper Than Dirt works well and its camo.
widowman

Post by widowman »

Pydpiper I sent you a PM.

BTW, did everyone else's string break/fray their rope the same way....

Mine frayed when I was uncocking the bow and the rope came out of the grove on the back of the stock and scraped against the Scope mount area.

While mine is not broken in half, it is only a matter of time before it breaks and I give myself a killer backhand to the nose.
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

Mine wore early, had a spot that was fraying pretty good. I switched to a better rope and have not had a problem since.
I blamed the guide in the plastic of the bow, the groove that guides it. I think my first one went in about 5 or 6 hundred shots, the second is almost double that with no signs of wear, probably have everything worked in by now.. :D
I used the same rope to make a pocketable string changer, a loop on each end works great to swap out strings..
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
A bowhunter with a passion for shooting firearms.
WMU 91
Boo string
LV2HNT

Post by LV2HNT »

I lost the string on my cocker the same way. I wasn't paying attention when I tried to uncock. The string came out of the notch and sliped under the scope. It shredded the string.
A bad day in the woods is better than a good day anywhere else.
Fred

Post by Fred »

I didn't want to hear that my Parker eats both sides of the rope where it goes around the sight mount the hooks twist up and over the sides of the stock and the pulleys cut into the rope kinda looks like a cats tail on Halloween in two places about two inches apart
frisky

Post by frisky »

widowman...exactly what I did to mine, I replaced the rope immediately!!
2007 Phoenix
Custom Wood Stock
Gold Tip II 311 Grain
Meat Seeker, 3 blade, Mechanical 100 Grain
Boo Astroflight String
Varizone Sighting
Cossack

Post by Cossack »

Fred, my Parker ate rope too..until I polished the spots on the cocker which were causing the problem. The metal part that holds the rope in the handle had rough edges. You may need to check out your bow for same and look at the places where wear seems to be occuring too.
Grizzly Adam

Post by Grizzly Adam »

Those ropes are going to fray some regardless ... and rope fibers wear internally too. Just replace them once a season, or more. Don't tolerate much visible fuzzing, and certainly don't allow any broken or frayed strands.

Talk about a cheap fix! :D
Grizz