Gun Room

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Fork Horn

Gun Room

Post by Fork Horn »

I don't think its a woman thing in the Gun Room VIX!!! They treat me the same!!
I get what I need and leave to upstairs as fast as possible :x
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

Oops.. Was this meant as a PM? lol

The gunroom has a young lady who happens to be very pleasant on the eyes, I always deal with her, she knows her stuff and looks great in jeans.
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
A bowhunter with a passion for shooting firearms.
WMU 91
Boo string
VixChix

Post by VixChix »

That same woman was pretty rude yesterday when I went in to pick up a gun. :roll: Maybe she was having a bad day? Then I dealt with George and Gary, they were great. I got the work done and went upstairs where I always feel more at home.
Vixen, Micro 315, HHA Optimizer, Boo & VixenMaster strings, Munch Mounts, Dr. Stirrup accessories.
Fork Horn

Post by Fork Horn »

its the same story over and over :D
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

Arlene and George are always good people to deal with up there! Unfortunately I have found that good personalities and good service are not something you can expect from a gun store, but it is one of these rare occasions where I don't expect to be greeted with a smile, I want an educated and experienced person to share knowledge, not smiles. Tight jeans are just a bonus, but they aren't often accompanied by a gleaming smile either..

Vix, you are close enough to my part of town that you may want to take the 40 minute drive and check out "Triggers and Bows" out here near Brant ford, it's a family business with a huge history of firearms but new to the retail world. They treat everyone like family, have a great selection of bows, guns and other goodies.. The prices are better than average and the people are consistently respectful. I can shoot you some more info on how to get there if you are interested.. Bring your bow, you have to drive right by my place, the wife and I have a pretty nice range growing in the backyard.. :D
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
WMU 91
Boo string
VixChix

Post by VixChix »

The jeans aren't a bonus for me... I prefer guys in plaid flannel shirts. :lol: :lol: :lol:

I've been to Triggers & Bows - that's the Lansborough's store, isn't it? Bought my Mossburg there a couple of months ago. Looked like they were still getting set up but I was happy with the price and the experience there.

If we're back out that way I'll look you up and shoot a few rounds with the Vixen! :D
Vixen, Micro 315, HHA Optimizer, Boo & VixenMaster strings, Munch Mounts, Dr. Stirrup accessories.
Doe Master
Site Admin

Post by Doe Master »

That doesn`t sound like you vix ,I thought you would prefer tight fitting jeans on guys. :lol: :lol: :lol:
schnarrfuss

Post by schnarrfuss »

I would be interested in checking out this shop. Probably wouldn't be to far for me, I hunt 91B. Pydpiper, can you send me some directions. I am in the Conestoga Collage area. Thanks.
"Hunting is not a matter of life or death. It's much more important than that."

Exomag-Lumizone-Thunderbolts-Slicks-
Blasers-GroundpounderMount-CustomBooString

Bowtech Destroyer Compound Bow Fully Loaded
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

Thats them! They have come a long ways in the past couple months, store is filling in quite nice these days.. Just getting ready to take my son up there now, getting his .22 fitted with a new scope. Too windy to hunt or shoot.
WMU 91
Boo string
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

schnarrfuss, here is their gold book listing with a map, pretty easy to get to from your guys area.. If you need more detail call my shop, toll free 1-877-499-6499 Animal Control Systems.
They are not very well versed in bows yet, but are an Excal dealer.

http://www.goldbook.ca/goldbook/brantfo ... sbows.html
WMU 91
Boo string
VixChix

Post by VixChix »

Doe Master wrote:That doesn`t sound like you vix ,I thought you would prefer tight fitting jeans on guys. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Well... maybe when I was younger. :lol:

Now that I'm old and wise:
Personality & integrety comes 1st.
Plaid flannel comes 2nd.
Willingness to take me hunting comes 3rd.

That's why I married my husband - he's 3 for 3 that makes him a 10 in my books! :D

Hope you're not all nauseous now... :lol: :lol:
DoDFire

Post by DoDFire »

VixChix wrote:The jeans aren't a bonus for me... I prefer guys in plaid flannel shirts. :lol: :lol: :lol:

:D

Hubba Hubba
Huntsman, rest! thy chase is done
DoDFire

Post by DoDFire »

Me so Craaaazy !!!!!!!!!
Huntsman, rest! thy chase is done
VixChix

Post by VixChix »

ROFL!

ummm.. that's SHIRTS, not SKIRTS! LOL
VixChix

Post by VixChix »

Pydpiper wrote:.... Too windy to hunt or shoot.
You got that right! I went out and thought I was in a sheltered spot. It was nuts! I felt like I was weather-vaning on the ground. Although I was downwind of a large patch of woods, the wind gusted constantly. Hope no one was up in a tree tonight - yikes!