Windy night on stand

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

ecoaster

Windy night on stand

Post by ecoaster »

I was getting a bit nervous tonight while up in my climber. The wind started really howling around dusk. I had picked out a good 16" or so tree to climb because I knew the forecast wasn't good, but it was still rocking and rolling pretty good.

Nothing moving in the heavy wind. Even the squirrels were on edge.
I hunt for memories, the meat's a bonus!
Bow Life

Post by Bow Life »

I saw 5. I was in an area where there is a bush, with a beanfield beside it, a corn field accross from the bean field and anothe beanfield beside the corn field. I was set up in the fenceline in the middle of all 4 fields, about an hour before dusk a doe ran down right beside me and into the corn field, then i saw two more run out into the bean field. Right behind them was a decent 6 point buck. These deer chased each other arround in the bean field about 75 to 100 yards away from me. Then about half an hour before dark a huge 8 point walked into the field. He pushed the six point arround and then continued to chase the does. This went on until dark. I sat as late as possible waiting for the deer to start to move away from meb efore i got out of my stand. I was in a big maple tree and it was swaying pretty good. Ill be back out there tommorw night setup in a better location.
Mike

Excalibur Exocet
Drop Zone Scope
Gold Tip Laser 2 Graphite Bolts
100 Wasp BroadHeads

Greatness is not in where we stand, but in what direction we are moving.
GREY OWL

Post by GREY OWL »

If its a-rock'in---don't come---a knock'in. :lol: :lol:

Being a shift worker, I got a hard time staying awake in a tree stand. With it swaying like that, I'd be sleeping.

Grey Owl
VixChix

Post by VixChix »

I was glad to be on the ground tonight. Far too windy even there. Saw nothing and didn't hear anything over the wind. :? I was thinking of all you guys brave enough to sit in the trees!
Vixen, Micro 315, HHA Optimizer, Boo & VixenMaster strings, Munch Mounts, Dr. Stirrup accessories.
kinger

Post by kinger »

i was up in the tree seen a small spike about 65 - 70 yards kept looking behind him into the bush thot maybe there was a bigger one chasing it off but no such luck pretty windy 27 mph with gusts up to 50 says the weather network
Farmer

Post by Farmer »

I was up in a Big old maple about 20 feet up in that wind . The tree did not say to much until there was a real good gust . The deer did not move . Only critter I saw was a black squirrel .
Golden Eagle

Post by Golden Eagle »

I was in the Doghouse last night and glad of it. I only had the windows open about 2 inches. It was howling and then it started raining. I saw 7 Doe and heard a Buck grunting only 30 yards from me but he was on the other side of some heavy briars and couldnt get a look at him.
Was still fun non the less.