Filming a movie in my Triggers and Bows..

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Pydpiper

Filming a movie in my Triggers and Bows..

Post by Pydpiper »

Decided I needed a bleat can for my next 48 hours of hunting.. Headed to Triggers and Bows in Burford to get what I needed.
Pulled in with my stunning 7 month old daughter who coincidentally happened to be in digital camo, and found myself in a parking lot with piles of cars where I am used to seeing one at a time, I assumed there was a big sale but wondered how I was out out of the loop.... A guy approached me saying "staff or actor?", first thing I noticed is his Remington ball hat.. I said, I just need a bleat can, going hunting tomorrow.. He said there was no way, store was closed, a movie was being shot there.. The shop door opens and I hear, "That's Dave, let him in!" I was given different parking instructions and went in for my can..
It was funny to see so much activity in a little farming community, but they were there for yet another amazing Canadian movie, something about zombies.. The owner took my kid as usual and off she went.
Turns out they are indeed filming a movie, pretty girls everywhere, lots of people talking into walki-talkies and everyone wanting to know how old my little boy is.. :wink:
The main guy is Kevin Sorbo (google it if you want to see him.. Andromedia..)
I got my can and moved on with an invitation to hang around for the whole thing and meet everyone afterwords.. Not really my thing, besides, I have a date with some meat in the morning. :D
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
A bowhunter with a passion for shooting firearms.
WMU 91
Boo string
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

I would like to see it, yes... I went after the bleet can by Primos, the one you flip over and it does it's magic..
I ended up with an electronic one, looks the same only smaller and bleats at the push of a button. I have always like the Primos stuff..
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
WMU 91
Boo string
navaman

Post by navaman »

i love the part "have a date with some meat". my kinda guy :D
"Be on the alert,stand firm in the faith,act like men, be strong."
TYE

Post by TYE »

navaman wrote:i love the part "have a date with some meat". my kinda guy :D
Oh come on this isn't a redneck internet dating forum.... :lol: :lol:
MADMAX2

TRIGGERS AND BOWS?

Post by MADMAX2 »

I was there yesterday and I thought is was closed no cars around at all can I get in tomorow? or are they still shooting the film?
The best things in life are not things!!
raydaughety

Post by raydaughety »

Pretty neat there Maguiver :shock: . I can imagine a trip to your stand would be quite comical for me. Boobie traps, some kind of contraption to hold your bow (ready to shoot) that you've told us about. Do you have an "AUTHORIZED PERSONNEL ONLY" sign up there? There's no telling what would happen if someone got in and pulled on a fishing line or lifted a piece of duct tape. Kinda scarey :lol: :lol: :lol: Just kiddin ya bud :wink:
God Bless !!!!!!!!!

Ray
wabi

Post by wabi »

Bob,
Looks like it will work!
BTW - Good looking grunt call on the floor in the pic. :wink:
wabi
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

Homemade stuff is always the best!
WMU 91
Boo string
Normous

Post by Normous »

Make us all proud with that thing. I just used "The Can" to harvest a nice 5 point buck Tuesday morning. Two bleats at 8:10 am, twenty seconds apart. 8:12 he responded and walked in to 9 yards from my tree stand. His rapid departure lasted less than 30 yards. The can works. This is my third "can" buck harvest.
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

I went with the intentions of getting the one you flip over, then back again.. Primos I think. I ended up with the same one, a bit smaller and electronic. Push the button and it does it's thing, pretty neat.
WMU 91
Boo string
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

That would work! Same switch I just used on my rangefinder.
WMU 91
Boo string