Dryfired and string flew off

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Youngegunner

Dryfired and string flew off

Post by Youngegunner »

Well I was out shooting my Phoenix and went to the garage to get som shooting stix, came back got all lined up and TWANG!!! The only thing that went flying was my string about 15 feet infront of me. So after gathering up my target and bolts and thinking about wut to do next we restringed (carefully) and checked out the limbs, sure enough on the right side there was a nice little crack. So I know that for about $150 i could get a new pair but does anybody know if I could get just one? Ive had this bow for 1 year this christmas and haevnt shot anything with targets yet, this is y first deer hunting year and right when things heat up I do this...so any ideas?
DoDFire

Post by DoDFire »

And I shot tonight without a field tip in the arrow,,,,,,,, Frigg'n Probie. :roll:
Huntsman, rest! thy chase is done
Farmer

Post by Farmer »

I do not think they sell them individually; the limbs are matched . There was a set for sale on the trading post.
fletch

Post by fletch »

Hey YG call excal and be honest with them about what happened and they will send you a matching pair of limbs for $15. Then you will return your original limbs to excal. They are that good in the warranty dept. Thanks Excalibur.
I know because I just did the exact same thing with my max 3 weeks ago. Took 4 days for the limbs to arrive. Just make sure that the limb is actually cracked.
crazyfarmer

Post by crazyfarmer »

I did the same thing and excal replaced mine for free, but I did have to send the limbs to a excal rep and they matched them up since I didnt want to install them myself and mess something up. The only thing I paid for was shipping.. you cant beat excal's warranty and service, even if the mistake is because of the user :D

just call and be honest and you will get top notch service :lol: :D