Who's hunting with a Vixen.

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

kevin

Who's hunting with a Vixen.

Post by kevin »

I started using a new style 13.5 stroke Vixen last year on a couple hunt's along with a Phoenix after some surgery.

This year the Vixen is all I've used along with 6075 Carbon Express Terminator XP shafts cut in half to make 16.5 bolts, fletched with 2" Blazers and Slick Trick 125 Mags. (4 dozen bolts) Last year I'd experimented with differant shafts, length's and Broadheads. Settled on the short bolts and ST 125's, 340gr. total weight.

Friday morning was the 3rd. Urban Doe I took with the Vixen this year, I had taken 2 last year with it.
Out of a tree stand at 24 steps quartering away. This is the longest shot I've taken in a few years. The bolt passed through and was laying on the ground about 3 corn rows past her. This is the first bolt I've been able to recover after the shot. Probably because the bolts are so short and the other shots were very close from ground blinds.

All the Deer taken have been pass through's with this set up. None went farther than 60 yards at best. :wink:
my member name used to be kev until I changed my e-mail. member oct. 18, 2003
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

Ahhh yes Vixen's! Yup i hunt with Miss Vixen and she made a believer out a 4 pt. early during Bow season. Great CB!
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
motuna

Post by motuna »

I have been carrying a Vixen with me into the woods last year and so far this year, but I am still waiting on that first shot. But I sure do like it!
Exocet77

Post by Exocet77 »

Last year I sold my Exocet and bought a Vixen. I have no disabilities. I am a smaller guy (5,6 - 135lbs). I found the exocet a little to long for me, was hard to hit the trigger with my thumb when uncocking. Also didnt like the balance of the length of it when shooting.

I thought about moving to the Phoenix but decided the Vixen is capable and legally sound to shoot any game I will hunt. Best choice I made. I am using boo's FFF string and have my speed dial set @ about 287 (lumizone) and shooting the regular GT II. Shot my first bear with it @ 20 yards, complete pass through, and shot 2 deer with it this year. One @ 10 yds (if even) and the other @ 20 yds. My max shot probably would be 35yds for game. Never looked back since. 2 thumbs up for it.
VixChix

Post by VixChix »

Goes without saying that I've got a Vixen. :lol:
Vixen, Micro 315, HHA Optimizer, Boo & VixenMaster strings, Munch Mounts, Dr. Stirrup accessories.
kevin

Post by kevin »

Look's like it's just a few of us using a Vixen :lol: I have'nt shot my EMax or EMag's since my surgery. My Uncle is using my Maxpoint this year so it's seeing a little use.

I've been very impressed with the Vixen since hunting with it and really doubt I need anything else. I put the illuminated Vari Zone on it this year also :wink:
BigTiny

Post by BigTiny »

I use a Vixen. Yesterday my wife shot it and told me it's the coolest hunting thing I own. :D
wabi

Post by wabi »

I shoot a Phoenix, but if Excalibur would offer the Vixen in camo......... :wink:
wabi
kevin

Post by kevin »

those Black Vixen's are nice. It'd be nice if they made another run of them.

Wabi I have a camo Emax prod on an older 14 inch stroke brown 03 Vixen, kinda like a Super Vixen. I'd guess its a 160lb Vixen now :D

Also a 175 14.5 Phoenix.
Jim22

Post by Jim22 »

Vixen here also. Really like it alot, has great accuracy. And the Brown isn't so bad - keeps my kids from claiming it - HA HA!!