Va guys(how was opening day of ML season?)

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

crazyfarmer

Va guys(how was opening day of ML season?)

Post by crazyfarmer »

I saw 2 small bucks and 6 doe saturday and lost a nice heavy horned 8pt saturday afternoon. Somehow the buck got back to his feet from a 45yard shot and managed to work his way into a cutover. 3 of us trailed him for about 300 yards this morning again with no luck. The blood just faded out. I dont lose many deer and it suks to not find one. All I can figure is that my shot was a tad low and maybe forward. I know he was roughly 20inches wide and atleast 8pts and decent mass which suks. But anyway, how did ya'lls day go? I know of 2 decent bucks killed close to me and one was a 19inch wide 8pt and a 6pt 23-24inches wide but other than that I think about 20 doe were killed within 5 miles of me saturday (since I heard 20shots atleast)LOL.

bucks should be moving awesome next week to for us;) I can only hunt monday and tuesday and maybe some of thursday next week so hopefully one of the biggins walk by then
gnhuntin

Post by gnhuntin »

Between 4 of us hunting we saw a total of 13 deer I saw 1 doe in the morning and a mother bear and cub in the evening. None of the deer were shooters.
DuckHunt

Post by DuckHunt »

I took my son out (age 11) with his ML on Saturday. He is still looking for his first antlered buck. He also has a bad taste in his mouth from putting an arrow in a nice buck last weekend and not getting him.

We had a spike walk up on us about 8am which was a grave mistake. My son drilled him at about 60 yards. We didn't see him fall, but figured he didn't get far so we stayed sitting. About 8:30am a big doe and a little one came in. We were quietly chatting and the big doe made us and split. The little one got curious and walked in to get a closer look at us. Never tempt a kid. :) He busted it as well.

The buck went down after about 100 yards which was what we expected. The little doe surprisingly went over 200 yards. I just finished getting them both in the freezer. I'm pooped.
The spike:
The little doe:
DuckHunt
VixChix

Post by VixChix »

:shock: GOOD JOB!!!! :D

You two are out to give Ray and Tyler some competition? :lol:
Vixen, Micro 315, HHA Optimizer, Boo & VixenMaster strings, Munch Mounts, Dr. Stirrup accessories.
vapredhunter

Post by vapredhunter »

Sorry to hear that CF sometime you lose one it really sucks makes you feel sick. Keep looking he might turn up watch for the buzzards. I had a good day saw some deer nothing, I wanted to shoot 2 spikes 1 doe and a 4 pointer. My buddy was hunting a different farm he took a nice 7 pointer heres a picture. Good Luck Chris

[img]http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f69/vapredhunter/Hunting/yoterun.gif[/img]
LV2HNT

Post by LV2HNT »

Well the place I hunt doesn't honor muzzle loader season so I was back out with the excal on Saturday with my dad. We went out a little after sun rise. Between then and 9:30 I had jumped a deer that I never saw, had a spike and a doe cross the trail in front of me, and I had a little 8 point try to cross in front of my path. That was the end of my hunt because I was lucky enough to take the eight. He is my first deer with the xbow. I will try to get a pic up and story in the next couple days. I think I will go to the mountains next week for their muzzle loader opener.

My dad and I carry radios to stay in touch. So I called him when I got my buck and ended his day as well because he came to help me track and then get my deer out. He had allready seen 5 deer so far though. One doe, three small bucks, and one monster buck. He saw the monster about the same time I shot mine, and get this, out of all the places the buck could have been, he was standing in the midlle of a power line field, at 9:30. :shock: We also jumped another buck when we were walking back to get the cart to get mine out but we never saw him.

Sorry for your loss C.F. it always sucks to lose one.

Congrats to you and your son Duckhunt. The curse is broken. I hope he can meet up with that big one again, or it's brother.
A bad day in the woods is better than a good day anywhere else.
crazyfarmer

Post by crazyfarmer »

my luck keeps getting worse.. monday morning I had a 23inch wide 8pt come out 200 yards away so I rattled and here he came running. I waited and he was only 20 yards from me and put the scope up and I couldnt see a DAMN THING since it was fogged. Luckly I have raised scope mounts and went to use those and im not sure if I pulled the shot or what happened but I missed the whole deer. He just stood there looking like he never heard anything and finally just walked off. H e was one of the biggest all around deer I have seen and I blew the damn shot at 20 yards :roll: Right now I feel like giving it up for this season... I cant go again untill saturday so maybe ill cool down by then

I did shoot my gun to make sure everything was still dailed in and its dead on still so its not the gun, other than the foggy scope :roll:
Dipperdoo

mzl

Post by Dipperdoo »

Cf, that sucks. Shot a doe, nothing big to speak of.
crazyfarmer

Post by crazyfarmer »

you guys aint gonna believe this.. see my new post.. got the same deer but he was actaully something different :lol: