brace height on equinox

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

travis

brace height on equinox

Post by travis »

hi just looking for some advise, i sighted in my equinox just over a month ago then had to go back to work for my 35 day shift. i took the string off for the storage time and now after putting it back on i have noticed the brace hight is behind the back(trigger side) line. when i sighted it in it was just infront of this line, i thought as the string streched it would move forward and need twisted to adjust. i am wanting to try half way between the lines on the rail to reach optimum speed. any sugestions on why this has occured or how to get the brace height down toward the front mark.

thanks for any advice am heading out for a hunt tonight hopeing to get my first x-bow deer.
exuinox, groundpounder mount,
right stuff scope packeage
greatest WIFE and kids got me this for fathers day.
Boo

Post by Boo »

What you do not want is the string to hit the riser. You can do many things to check. Put white tape on the riser or a bit of putty at the rail or wax the serving to see it wax deposits on the riser. I think that all brace height positions compromise something, either longevity, speed, noise, accuracy, vibration, etc.
Some people just like stepping on rakes
tuskntine

Post by tuskntine »

May not have counted the twists right . Just readjust.
Love your neighbor, but keep your guns oiled.
travis

Post by travis »

thanks for responding but the problem is not hitting the riser, the string is further back toward the trigger then before i am not sure how this is i removed the string and made sure there are no twists in the string. but can not get the string to move to the forward side of the back line. i am thinking the only way to get it there is by using it untill it streches and then maintaining it there by adding twist. also anyone uing boo's strings on a equinox if you could let me know what you have tried and what worked the best i am looking to get the full potential out of this bow so i can go up to some heavey arrows and keep the spped up.

thanks no deer tonight but still a good night out.
exuinox, groundpounder mount,
right stuff scope packeage
greatest WIFE and kids got me this for fathers day.