Excalibur Compound...???

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Bow Life

Excalibur Compound...???

Post by Bow Life »

My neighbour was telling me he had a compound bow that had he name Excalibur stamped right on it. I did not believe him and was not home when he brought it over but my mother and sister both state that it was in no way a crossbow it was a compound bow and it did have the name Excalibur stamped on it. Anyone herd of this?
Mike

Excalibur Exocet
Drop Zone Scope
Gold Tip Laser 2 Graphite Bolts
100 Wasp BroadHeads

Greatness is not in where we stand, but in what direction we are moving.
10Ring

Re: Excalibur Compound...???

Post by 10Ring »

Bow Life wrote: Anyone herd of this?
That would have been an Excalibur Paradox compound crossbow which is no longer offered.
10Ring
hotburn

Post by hotburn »

Excalibur is a name that is used on alot of things, not just the good stuff from Canada. Here is a Compound made by High Country called a Excalibur. Not saying this is the exact same bow your friend has, but alot of stuff gets that name put on it.

10Ring

Post by 10Ring »

hotburn wrote:Excalibur is a name that is used on alot of things, not just the good stuff from Canada. Here is a Compound made by High Country called a Excalibur. Not saying this is the exact same bow your friend has, but alot of stuff gets that name put on it.
Actually, the Excalibur compound crossbow does exist but is no longer made.

I should have elaborated in my initial post. I have seen the Excalibur Paradox compound crossbow in the past, around 2001 – 2002. This was in shops and when our club had an active 3D program, one shooter used to use one.

To quote from;

http://www.crossbow-hunting-crossbows-e ... ow-faq.php

14. Does Excalibur make any compound crossbows?

The answer to the question is yes, and no. Excalibur has teamed up with Bear archery to produce the best darn compound crossbow ever, it's being marketed through their channels in the US under the name" Buckmaster Max Point"and in Canada under the name "Excalibur Paradox".. Basically it's an Exomag frame that's been modified to use their compound limb set.
10Ring
new paradox

Post by new paradox »

This is mineImage
awshucks

Post by awshucks »

Had one, great bow. Couldn'thandle the forward weight of a compound or I'd still have mine. [dinged shoulder] Way ahead of the field, 340 fps back in 2001.
"Eze 18:21"
new paradox

Post by new paradox »

Did 360 fps,but I was using bolts that were to light.When I found out they would damage the bow I changed.Good thing I only shot about 20 times that way.Now I use bolts that are 430 grains +or-.I love the bow and for the wieght I walk with a mono pod,bad leg,so I just put it up on that to shoot.My bow is 12 pounds with the bolts and quiver on it.
Bow Life

Post by Bow Life »

but my mother and sister both state that it was in no way a crossbow it was a compound bow
It was not a compound crossbow, it was a compound bow.
Thanks Hotburn.
Mike

Excalibur Exocet
Drop Zone Scope
Gold Tip Laser 2 Graphite Bolts
100 Wasp BroadHeads

Greatness is not in where we stand, but in what direction we are moving.
10Ring

Post by 10Ring »

Bow Life wrote:
but my mother and sister both state that it was in no way a crossbow it was a compound bow
It was not a compound crossbow, it was a compound bow.
Thanks Hotburn.
My burned out brain took the Excalibur and compound wording and filled in the "crossbow" part :oops: :oops: :oops:

Comes from not reading stuff "tight" enough.

As that photo shows, it has appeared on vertical compounds, if a Google search is done, it shows lots of things come up on Excalibur that have nothing to do with our favourite crossbow company in Kitchener, Ont. :wink:
10Ring