Horton, Forgive me for swearing

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

schonyuk

Horton, Forgive me for swearing

Post by schonyuk »

I have a Excal Equinox as well!!!. I have a Horton Supermag I use for plinking. Problem is the front sight mounting holes thread in the stock have gone and I can no longer get the front sight to stay put. I tried to superglue it on, I said it is an old clunker I just use for plinking. I dont feel inclined to put a tele on it , not worth the expense. The super glue doesnt seem to like the composite stock material and didnt hold. Any one got any ideas or remedies to solve the problem. I know I should burn it but sentimental reasons say no.
schonyuk
Grizzly Adam

Post by Grizzly Adam »

Easy fix. Ream out the worn holes with a proper bit, and tap them for aluminum plugs. Run your plug stock through the appropriate die and then epoxy the plugs in place. File your plugs flush and neat, then drill new holes for your sights. Keep your tools level and your holes plumb ... and you're good as new. Nothing to it! :D
Grizz
Golden Eagle

Post by Golden Eagle »

Drill and Tap to the next size bigger screw.
schonyuk

Post by schonyuk »

Gentlemen, thank you for your comments and I will see which of your suggestions will be most suitable in my case. I love my equinox but for plinking it is just to powerful in my 25 mtr back yard.
groundpounder

Post by groundpounder »

What material is it that the threads are worn out in? Helicoils work good also. They are easy to install with the kit.
Why ride when you can walk!