Limb Cracks

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Mike C.

Limb Cracks

Post by Mike C. »

Hi all: I have a one year old Exomax and I just found some cracks on the right limb under the Dissipator pad. I have never dry fired my crossbow and I am not using a F/F string. I did at first but when I read this forum on the effects of a fast flight string on the limbs, I replaced it with a darcron string last year. My queastion is did I change the string to late, or are Excalibur limbs pron to cracking. Anyone else have this problem.
Mike C. :(
Equinox Crossbow
Boo string
Vari-Zone Scope
2216 XX75
Grim Reaper B/H
Boo

Post by Boo »

I would imagine there is a possibility of limb cracking without dry-firing but I don't remember hearing about it. I have certainly heard of many dry-fires without consequence and some with consequence. I would not say they are not prone to cracking.
Some people just like stepping on rakes
new paradox

Post by new paradox »

Are the cracks right through or just in the clear coat.I think we all have some of those.
wabi

Post by wabi »

Are the cracks in the finish, or in the fiberglass????
(First thing that comes to mind by it being under the pad is leaving it unstrung with the pads on, and the pad sticking to the finish.)
wabi
Boo

Post by Boo »

Lets have a picture of these cracks.
Some people just like stepping on rakes
Mike C.

Reply for cracks limbs

Post by Mike C. »

First of all I did not let the string down with the pads on! And the cracks are not in the clear coat they are in the fiberglass itself. As for the pictures, as soon as my battery is charged I will e-mail you some Boo , and I would like to get one of your strings that I hear such good things about.
Mike C.
Equinox Crossbow
Boo string
Vari-Zone Scope
2216 XX75
Grim Reaper B/H